Karloss

Reaction score
For the life of me i can't get liverpool firing on this seasons game. I am on my 6th save with them this year and have tried countless tactics all with the same outcome. No clean sheets and not enough goals.

Every save i encounter the same problems no matter what tactic i play or how i go about doing things differently. Coutinho can't get a rating above 6.5 and never scores or assists no matter where i play him. Sturridge can't score to save his life and half the time Suarez doesnt turn up.

After around 8 various tactics with 4 at the back i have recently tried changing to a 5-3-2.
View attachment 424645View attachment 424643

When creating the tactics i intended for my team to be solid at the back, then when we regained possession the ball would either be directly played to the wingbacks to carry forward or for Gerrard to play direct balls up to the front 3 where they can knock it about with quick short passes to break through the defence.

However it really hasn't gone to plan.

View attachment 424636

Time and again i find this happening. I dont know whether its the tactics i keep making or whether liverpool are just generally a poor team on this years game (haven't done a save yet where Brendan Rodgers hasn't been sacked).

I've made lfc hugely successful, won the BPL first year and then Champions League the second..
This was on my second save however my first looked much like yours does, the things I changed second time around was tactics, I used 4-4-1-1, with Suarez or coutinho as a SS. I used limited full backs too and had them sit narrower, stop conceding goals a lot then...
post a few pictures of your tactics maybe and some people can help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Push Higher Up is not going to work with defenders set to Cover. They will try to drop back automatically. Try setting them all to CD (D) and tweak the outside two's PIs to make them slightly more defensive (Mark Tighter etc), that should allow the central player to act as cover without him dropping out of the line.

Also, you have some conflicting team instructions. Direct Passing with Play Out Of Defence and Work Ball Into Box for example. Try setting the whole team to Short Passing or just let them decide on the field. If you want Gerrard to play more directly, just set his PI to Direct Passing.

'Fluid' and 'Counter' doesn't seem like a good idea either; Counter is essentially a defensive instruction so you need more rigidity. Try and counter with your first tactic set to Fluid and then lose the ball and you potentially have 4 of your 5 man defensive unit out of position.

In your second tactic you have the Enganche and the DLP too close together. Essentially you have two playmakers playing in the same part of the field. Enganche will roam much more than the game's tooltip describes, particularly deeply in search of the ball. Trequartista will make the player roam in search of space to receive the ball from the DLP. If you want to keep the Enganche then Gerrard will have to drop deeper as DLP or you could play him as Regista.

Hope this helps ;)

I'll post the tactics I've created. I tried to get a possession game too and it usually works.

just starting a liverpool save my self with LFCMarshalls transfer update. interesting to see how people play the save and any tips you have.. me personally, I have terminated cissokhos loan and sold skretel brought in alex sandro and balanta and also retraining Henderson as a right cwb. So possible selling Johnson… thoughts?

Here we go:
View attachment 424548
That's the tactic. Seems to control possession well and gets the wingbacks pushing right up, just like in real life.

View attachment 424547
And here are the instructions. Gets the team poking the ball around like Barca.

I'm with Liverpool in my 2nd season. Any questions ask away.

Here we go:
View attachment 490186
That's the tactic. Seems to control possession well and gets the wingbacks pushing right up, just like in real life.

View attachment 490188

I play similar style, Lewandowski up front, Suarez on left as IF and Moses on right as W. Moses has been a beast on in the first 2 months.

Suarez is best off as an Advanced Forward, surround him with people to feed him the ball and he'll score for you! also be careful who you're playing against as to how high you set the defence, **** teams will just kick the ball over you and counter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are the tactics im using just started this save so cant comment on it thus far. but what do you think.

View attachment 424525
this is the tactic i will use when playing against the big boys e.g man city, chelsea etc.

View attachment 424524

this tactic is one to play against similar/weak opposition

View attachment 424523
and this one is for goals goals goals!! against weak opponents on when you need a goal.

i tend to keep the team instructions the same no matter who im playing.
View attachment 424522

thoughts on transfers etc. i am re-training henderson as a cwb so is it worth selling johnson as i have flanagan and kelly as back u?

Here we go:
View attachment 490186

View attachment 490188

What did you do in terms of transfers 1st season? Considering letting Johnson and Coutinho go as i cant get them going for me

If you play your defense deep and set Coutinho to an T, instead of an EG, that should solve a lot of your issues.

I would suggest some of 4-5-1 (1 dm) to start of with as lucas can play there really well as a regista and provides coer for the two CB's with Suarez up front (once he comes back) and sterling and sturridge on the wings with gerrard and whoever else you want partnering him in the centre. i currently have a very successful liverpool save and the key for my success so far was the patience i had at the beginning. My first final was in 2016 (CAP 1 Cup, lost to stoke 2-1) and only made it into the champions league. Now in 2023/24 and have won the fa cup 3 years in the row. champions league 2 years in a row. Won the premiership in the 2020/21 season (only came 6th this year but champions league win got me champions league footy). i've won the club world championship and the league cup. as well as the community shield once. so in total a spell 9 years, 9 or so trophies. though all of them coming in the past 10 years. and it really does feel great knowing you've built the side up and morphed into your own. So basically what i am saying is just keep at it and don't place your expectations too high in you first season. 8-6 is just fine!

I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 with two IF and a CF on sup with gerrard dropping back as dlp on support in the dm position, sort of like his position in real life at the moment, on counter it seems to be getting good results 7 wins 1 loss in the first 8 games. Only bought forster to solidify the keeper position