Resource icon

Mjölnir; the hammer of the gods [Mythology series] v5

So apparently it's cool when you just bump your stuff regularly by posting results. Alrighty. I can do that.

This is my 2026 World Cup campaign with ******* Scotland.

695831d608883dc22dfe6af826348bc5.png

These muppets went to the World Cup for Scotland. Yes, I am aware two strikers stumbled into the squad by they were quite versatile and able to play as attacking midfielders, so meh, still Strikerless.

111625832ce624ecf8847884fdfaf306.png

Opening-game and we battered the **** out of Guinea. We did not even allow them a shot on goal, poor bastards. Barbour put the ******* to the sword, McCrorie headed home a corner. They had the ball, we had the chances and goals. Possession is overrated.

3fa7b10c2b32c9c3cdb38b3ab1d51025.png

Jamaica did slightly better than Guinea did in an attacking sense. They got a few shots in. We got in more shots though and more importantly, some of ours actually hit the target. Barbour was lethal once more.

1a37a86bf46ba386e37d377f55fd7fb8.png

We blazed past Colombia in the second round. They sure loved to attack us. We sure loved to break away with lethal counter-attacks. Guess which side had the upper hand in this ME... That's right... Barbour was instrumental, again.

6539d1ce67da071c3510f5f20bd319ae.png

Third round and substitute wing-back Ryan Winter tapped in a rebound to guide us past Italy.

76571b5ef8e5148b656068b23a78ef40.png

Completely outgunned, though we were more clinical again. They had the ball, we had the goals.

e0191cd96b74868860f58de7627165ee.png

This was a funny one. Imagine the carnage if this happened in real life...

58a166c1244d8428b59d7fac1a90c2ab.png

Brazil had two goals (rightfully) disallowed, so yay, we win! Or how an average Scottish side can win its second World Cup.

So apparently I have to ask questions regularly to rise above the fifteen different cloned 4-3-3 threads, so here we go... Has anyone given this bad boy a go?

Would love to try it but I'm using the public beta ME so not sure if it'd be a fair test.

@Nom de Guerre playing this game for +20yrs. I'm sure your Guido the strikerless master?? If so I've tried a 4222 that you posted on dis-cord using 20.2.3 (******) ME and I have to say it's been the most consistent I've tried...cheers mucker...If not apologies and i'll delete this comment pal.

@Nom de Guerre playing this game for +20yrs. I'm sure your Guido the strikerless master?? If so I've tried a 4222 that you posted on dis-cord using 20.2.3 (******) ME and I have to say it's been the most consistent I've tried...cheers mucker...If not apologies and i'll delete this comment pal.

That would be one of mine, yes. Not this one but that is a new tactic I am working on. Glad to hear it's working for you, Ruud.

That would be one of mine, yes. Not this one but that is a new tactic I am working on. Glad to hear it's working for you, Ruud.
Did you used to post on SI forums? Pretty sure I used your Strikerless tactic a few years back and it worked wonders for me.

Great stuff chief...apart from the obvious change in formation what would you say are the differences between this and the 4222...?Maybe a cheeky home and away combo?

just taken over a ***** Ajax side in 22/23...Well done again chief...the usual outstanding dedicated work

Great stuff chief...apart from the obvious change in formation what would you say are the differences between this and the 4222...?Maybe a cheeky home and away combo?

just taken over a ***** Ajax side in 22/23...Well done again chief...the usual outstanding dedicated work

I'd say this one is a bit more one-dimensional. Get great wing-backs and have them pump balls forward. That worked for Scotland. Scotland couldn't have pulled off the 4-2-2-2 because they lack the wide midfielders to do so. The 4-2-2-2 has multiple weapons.