mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
Quick backstory: Started a save with MK Dons, am doing fantastically in first season. Way out in front in the league, have begun planning for my first year in the championship. Should i rely on loanees again? I want players who are good enough for the PL so im not cutting most of my team when I get promoted again. Suggestions?

Here are my tactics, leaguewide stats screen, table, and transfer history. You can see that I rely heavily on loanees for the first season, with a few MK Dons players playing extremely well, including Jordan Spence, Samir Carruthers, Dele Alli, Ben Reeves and Daniel Powell.

Any comments on my tactics while we are at it? I adjust heavily based on oppositions strengths and formations, so I only use a single base tactic.

View attachment 311932View attachment 311931View attachment 311930View attachment 311929

and then stats for the whole team. Missing Benik Afobe, my original starter at Striker who has 16 goals in 16 games, dembele is only playing because Benik has been out for 4 months.

View attachment 311928

Well done on winning the league mate. I myself am doing an MK Dons save and as you can see from the screenshot below it's going well...

View attachment 311927

Managed to reach the semi finals of the Capital One Cup with wins away against West Brom, West Ham, Q.P.R and a 3-1 home win against Arsenal.

But with advise for transfers etc, my advise would be to get some free transfers in at the end of the season as The Dons don't exactly have money too spend. So you'll most likely need a couple of decent strikers so you could look at getting Benik Afobe and Rory Donnelly in at the end of the season as their contracts should've expired. Plus you'll need a decent CB so you could look at getting Boyata or Kyle Bartley in as they should be decent at Championship level and yet again their contracts should be expiring.

Last edited:
quick update for a bump. won league 1 with 118 points. set league 1 record for goals scored (144) and points. MY goal differential was more than any other team in the league scored and i almost doubled the next highest scoring team. Am in the transfer window for my first season in the championship now.

need some suggestions for foreign players

Pione Sisto, 2.5 mill release clause, not sure on your budget but he is amazing winger and will sell for a lot more than that.

Lingard on loan for me was a beast and then managed to buy him in the next season for a couple of million. Could take over from Gnarby in that inside forward position nicely

is this the original game or the 15.3 update as you still seemed to have Dele Alli

Good start to the season, ive recently had an MK Dons save but packed it in after winning the prem with them...

It has been by far my most enjoyable save to date..Hopefully you can replicate my success! Any questions you'd like answered then fire away!:)

Here are a few screenshots
btw I played with default data base and first transfer window off

Lchelsea who did you buy, sell and loan in your first few seasons?

I am having a Dons save in 2018. Top of PL right now. I would recommend you to exploit the loanees as what I did. Lewis Baker is a freekick god and chelsea always put him on loan.Suso and Halilovic are also awesome both in center position or wingers. Adama Traore and Jacob Murphy as well. Sandro from FCB is a must buy. All of the above almost cost zero when I loaned them (no contributions). And if you are looking for defenders, Ronald Raldes is very good and free, as well as Marc Bertrand. Good luck mate;)

Thanks just about to get into Jan Window formy first season. Got Paolo Gazzaniga on loan in Goal who rotates with Martin. I got Dedryk Boyata and Luke Garbutt on loan for defence. Ryan Mason, Andrea Pereira and Jesse Lingard on loan for Midfield and Benik Afobe, Will Grigg, Will Keane, Zack Clough and Kyle Vassell on loan for attack. Some on full season loans and a couple on 3 month loans