focus_mad

Reaction score
howrya folks

was wondering does anyone know how these drafts work?
Iv taken over LA Galaxy and havent a clue how this works!!!!

well you have 2 drafts the superdraft and the waiver draft i've just started a mls game so i'm still learning but how i see it is that the waiver draft is a draft with all the players that are in de mls that dont have any contract by a mls team. the superdraft i dont know yet but i'll tell you wen i get there :D

The Superdraft happens every year. It's a chance for all MLS teams to gain young talent from developmental leagues, like the San Jose Frogs. The draft picks you get will depend on the placement you have on the regular season standings. The worse you are, the nicer draft pick you get. It's the NBA draft football style. You can also trade those picks for players around the MLS, gain more picks from other teams for your players, and decide not to pick anymore players.

Oh I forgot. There's four rounds on the Superdraft, and another four for the Supplementary Draft. The Supplementary draft's another chance for the young guns to get a team.

The waiver draft's where all the people waived by their respective club get clumped and drafted like the Superdraft youngsters.

MLS is the most complicated football system in the world isn't it?

Its a very good system, whoever does the worst picks the first draft picks, it gives lesser teams a chance to improve, imo the best idea for youth in the world

I somewhat agree, but shouldn't the draft picks also come from individual team youth systems too? That's the point of youth facilities right?