MLS Help - International Roster Spots

danwvu26

Reaction score
Playing as D.C. United. We only have 4 international spots, whereas other clubs have up to 11. Really needing to make a couple signings. Was doing some research and it appears the only way to gain these spots are if a CPU MLS team happen to offer one in exchange for an MLS Player. Anyone know how I can get additional international roster spots?

Can you try and negotiate for them when an offer for your player comes in?

Haven't had one yet. The only time it is remotrely possible is if I offer my player to MLS Teams.

When that happens.View attachment 237254

This is probably my 7th player or so I have offered this year. You see the "slots bar" with remove and add buttons? That bar has only actually appeared one other time. The other time, the "add" button was grayed out. So this transfer is the 1st time I've been able to request an international spot from another club. As it is a 3rd string GK, they both keep declining.

Wondering if any other way?

Yes there is. I can't remember. I haven't really played around in the MLS at all in this years game. But what Botty is trying to say is when you offer a player to clubs and you get offer's from other teams. When it is for MLS club just counter the offer. Then you will be able to add international slot. But be careful cause there is another option for how long. It is set to default for just one year. There is an offer forever, but I would advise not to add in picks from the draft if you are trying to get an INT slot.

EDIT: If that isn't the correct way it is very similar to it. I am trying to go off memory when I was looking for another way to get it for someone else, but that was the only way was like that. Hope that helps.

just a thought but maybe it only comes up saying you can try and get one from them if they have a spare one. e.g. if they are using all of there's then you can't try and get one from them.

just a thought but maybe it only comes up saying you can try and get one from them if they have a spare one. e.g. if they are using all of there's then you can't try and get one from them.

No for some reason when you play in the MLS you can't just officially ask for one in a trade with a team. Unless that is fixed in the patches. Before it was only when a trade was offered and you manually had to add it in during a counter offer. It was a very round about way of doing it.

No for some reason when you play in the MLS you can't just officially ask for one in a trade with a team. Unless that is fixed in the patches. Before it was only when a trade was offered and you manually had to add it in during a counter offer. It was a very round about way of doing it.

Well that's the thing. As I said this was the 1st time in 7 I've even been able to counter offer with one.

Maybe I have some reverting to me for next season from prior trades in real life.

The main problem I see is that there is just no way to offer draft picks or allocation money for an international spot straight up.

what i meant was maybe you can only counter one or 2 clubs because they are teh only ones with a free slot as opposed to being able to counter any club that comes in with an offer for one of your players, although yeah i agree that seems an extremely back to front way of doing things.