blaineyboy

Reaction score
I've just started a new game with LA Galaxy and I was wondering if anybody tips or any points about the Yanks league is all pretty diff to most leagues and I aint got much of a heads up with MLS.

If its anything like real life everybody just takes long shots so close the midfield down and tight mark the forwards.

I thought they didn't take long shots and its a big thing when players try them :|

I watched a few games while I was working over there a few years ago and that was all they did. Gave up watching it in the end it was really boring. Yourri Djorkaeff was miles better than anybody at the age of 36.

Well, I didn't make it a specific tactic but I do seem to be scoring a lot of long range goals - I managed to bag Freddy Guarin, Benedict Vilkazi and Lebohang Mokoena which may explain that

Haha, he wouldn't "fit" into my system!!!

Im waiting for someone to post in this thread that I only started a game with LA since Beckham joined them, however this game was started the previous night before news of Beckham surfaced.

I do reckon tho on the next FM there will be more people taking on LA Galaxy.

At the mo im finding MLS a decent league to have a go, especially with the whole season drafts etc and "Player of the week", it sure is different but bit of fun

Andy Dorman from New England, i have played cricket with him. He and his brothers all at same club as me. His brother who is same age as me, trying to follow in his brothers footsteps as he has just gone 2 Boston Uni, Andy's 1st step into the MLS. He was linked with Watford either summer just gone, or year before.

Andy Dorman from New England, i have played cricket with him. He and his brothers all at same club as me. His brother who is same age as me, trying to follow in his brothers footsteps as he has just gone 2 Boston Uni, Andy's 1st step into the MLS. He was linked with Watford either summer just gone, or year before.

One of my mates is nearing the end of a footy scholarship in Chicago, he's just been here and gone over christmas and he mentioned a chance that he may be selected to appear in the colleage draft MLS - that wud be good.

With reports of Davids going over there aswell I can see the attraction of playing in the US and I would not be suprised to see more English-based players on the verge of retiring playing over there.

****** **** Andy!! He's probably not even any good on FM!!

i was fc dallas on fm 2006 and i got loads of old players who were retiring and i won everything. then the next season just bought more oldies and did exactly the same thing. its so easy cos every other team is ****!

Red Bulls worth the most, and you get 3m to spend

well, u get 250k 2 spend in the MLS (Don't ask me how) but u get £2.5mill to spend abroad, however it doesn't show in ur finances screen, only shows when u try to bid for players abroad

Ohhhhhh!!! And how comes when i offer for a player in the MLS i have to pay with players or drafts?

Becuase all the players in the MLS are owned by the league and not the teams, therefore you cannot purchase players but trade them for other players and draft allocations