Will1981

Reaction score
I have been using the original Modern Warfare 442 tactic quite a lot since I found it on here and have found it to be a great tactic.

However the only issue I have with it is the lack of decent RM's and LM's available compared to the abundance of of AMR's and AML's available, which left me with the problem of having to play weaker players or players not in there natural position.

So I created this version of Modern Warfare which only had 2 minor changes with the RM (Winger Attack) pushed forward to AMR (Inside Forward Support) and the LM (Winger Attack) pushed forward to AML (Inside Forward Support).

The Results
I tested this tactic with Leicester my team and only signed 3 free agents to increase the size of the small squad and tested it for one season in the championship with very encouraging results winning the league with 91 points and scoring 95 goals.

The tactic is by no way perfect with some very bad results along the way but I would like your help to develop it keeping all the players in the same positions as it suits a lot of teams.

Last edited:
Finished my 2nd season (1st in premier league)

Finished in 6th place and won the league cup despite only signing a few players on free transfers.

Finished my 2nd season (1st in premier league)

Finished in 6th place and won the league cup despite only signing a few players on free transfers.

tactic doesnt seem suited for away games, u lost a **** of alot away from home mate..and wasnt as if it was close either by looks of the results

tactic doesnt seem suited for away games, u lost a **** of alot away from home mate..and wasnt as if it was close either by looks of the results
yes it is far better at home but still above average away.

What do yo do for match prep., training, OI ?
Seems legit!

Finished 3rd season with a poor showing in premier league but reached the semi-final of the EURO cup losing to Spurs, my squad just wasn't big enough to compete in all competitions.

I have got some good players joining at the end of the season on free transfers though.

Still struggling away from home with formation though if anybody has any suggestions on how to improve it.

Looks good, might review it on my blog sometime.
As for away games, the solution might actually be simpler than we think.
Perhaps first start experimenting simply by changing the attacking strategy to counter.
If there's still problems, perhaps sacrifice the full backs and make them D away from home.

I used your tac with Parma at Serie A, i played 9 matches and here is the score 1-3 H Juventus lost, 0-3 A Chievo lost, 1-5 H lost Cagliari lost, 1-1 H Bologna Draw, 1-5 A Milan lost, 1-5 A Roma lost, 1-3 Lazio H lost, 2-0 A Pescara win, and then i get sacked. Soryy pal but this tac dont suit with low rep teams...

I like how MW has been tweaked to become a more aggressive version of the original tactic with the wingers up to the AMRL slots. I am tweaking your version of MW 424 by turning it into a sort of MW pseudo 4231. The changes i have made include:
1. Lowering the defensive line by 2 notches.
2. Changed to zonal marking on team instructions and made sure every player's instructions show them doing zonal marking.
3. Turned the two CMs namely the BWM and AP into CM(d) and DLP(d) respectively. Since the AP doesn't really contribute much in terms of goals and assists, i figured he ought to put in more of a shift at the back to shore things up .
4. The AML into an inside forward(a) and AMR into winger(a). I leave only one striker up front as a poacher and pulled the complete forward down to become an AP(a) such that it is right beside the winger instead of directly behind the poacher. I find that this allows the forward players more room to roam about and plot their attacking schemes better.

So far have tried it on a few games with a german 3rd division team called Munster and have been surprised by attacking movement and goals scored from these changes. Will update more as i get more matches in. The rest of the players remain unchanged besides the 2 CMs, the AMLRs and strikers.