• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Luka Modric will not play for Spurs against Manchester United because "his head's not in the right place", according to manager Harry Redknapp.

More...

Thought he was the 'Model pro' Redknapp?

If it's still on his shoulders then play on, he's payed too play football wether his heads in the right place or not. Man up Luka!

Luka, grow a pair dude. If you want to know how to deal with pressure, just give Jagielka a call. He's dealt with it a **** of a lot better, and for a longer time.

Luka, grow a pair dude. If you want to know how to deal with pressure, just give Jagielka a call. He's dealt with it a **** of a lot better, and for a longer time.

Or Nasri lol

Meh Nasri. Phil's been a lot more professional. Been a credit to himself.

Wonder if City came along offering to treble his wages like Nasri he would feel the same ;)

Wonder if City came along offering to treble his wages like Nasri he would feel the same ;)

Not a chance lol. He's not in it for the money. He wouldn't stand for being a bench warmer. If he's turned Arsenal down, rest assured he'll turn down Man City.

Does being linked to Chelsea stress him out that much? Jeez, Mikel played literally a couple of hours after finding out his dad has been kidnapped.

Grow some balls, fairy.

I think Harry was misquoted. If I'm not wrong he said "Modric was injured, he could have played through it but his head is not right at the moment". It can also imply that Modric dont want to play with injury?

If I'm wrong then silly from Modric. Thought he was much better than this.

I think we should sell him for a minimum of £30 million. With that cash we could get closer to signing Adebyour (love him or hate him, he'll score goals) and a few other players we need, as I myself have full confidence, especially after Hearts, for Niko Kranjcar to step up to the mark, and if his head is too obsessed with the money Chelsea would offer him, then let him go, I don't like players who play just for money with no loyalty anyway

I think we should sell him for a minimum of £30 million. With that cash we could get closer to signing Adebyour (love him or hate him, he'll score goals) and a few other players we need, as I myself have full confidence, especially after Hearts, for Niko Kranjcar to step up to the mark, and if his head is too obsessed with the money Chelsea would offer him, then let him go, I don't like players who play just for money with no loyalty anyway

Just for the money? Sigh, facepalm and any other fitting word. I won't even go into explaining why that's dumb.

Not a chance lol. He's not in it for the money. He wouldn't stand for being a bench warmer. If he's turned Arsenal down, rest assured he'll turn down Man City.

Jagielka>Lescott.

This was his quote:

He’s got a little bit of an injury. There’s a possibility he could have played through it. But at the moment his head’s not in the right place.”

Maybe he was misquoted. Maybe he meant Modric is not mentally ready to play with Injury. Maybe..

Maybe he was misquoted. Maybe he meant Modric is not mentally ready to play with Injury. Maybe..
Or not. I feel sorry, but I think it's the time to move on and sell him, then we can sign some quality players with that money, as Redknapp said. Modric is moaning too much, all he has to do is play football, he should not forget Spurs was the club who bring him at the club and helped him become the player he is today.
Unprofessional.

Its not about growing balls, or manning up... He wants to leave, everyone knows that.. and after a apparent gentlemans agreemant last summer Luka feels he has been lied to, If a club like Chelsea came calling its not surprise why he wants to leave, spurs were nothing more than a flash in the pan, and at chelsea he is genuinally going to compete in every competition

Or not. I feel sorry, but I think it's the time to move on and sell him, then we can sign some quality players with that money, as Redknapp said. Modric is moaning too much, all he has to do is play football, he should not forget Spurs was the club who bring him at the club and helped him become the player he is today.
Unprofessional.

Yeah, just thought there maybe other reason, but reading article have to agree with majority here.

But Is he so mentally fragile that he can't play a game for Spurs? Him playing this match will be added bonus for Chelsea as he is a great player and who could change the outcome of the game..

Think this is gettng worse and worse for Spurs. It seems to me that Redknapp has mentally spent the Modric money already but Levy is sticking by his guns and not selling him.

lol tottenham what was it last year we are a top 4 team we are going to win the league in a couple of years just you wait. real story is that you are a mid table club with a midget stadium and rubbish players bar vdv and bale maybe sandro other then that its sinking ship. your fans belittling arsenal however even though they may be uin a crisis we all know they will come through. also what was it about taunting liverpool look were there going now loool. this will shut up your dum fans and show and prove tottenham are small club possibly a feeding club too maybe in fm 20112 you will be classified as a feeding club.

Back