NathWalker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im in the 2012-13 season with my tottenham side that i took over at this start of the season. And after a poor showing in the league in the previous season under AVB (LFC's Update) finishing 9th.

Modric is wanting to leave and with Clubs like Madrid, Man City and Chelsea wanting him its unlikely i'm going to keep hold of him. The likely price is about £27m and i would be willing to spend all of this on a replacement for him.

Any suggestions?

My Team at the moment is:

GK: Ter Stegen
DR: Walker
DL: Debuchy
DC: Otamendi
DC: Albiol
MC: Parker (BWM Suppport)
MC: Modric (AP Attack) Obviously this is the position im looking to replace
AMC: Siggurdson (AP Support)
AMR: Lennon/Johnson
AML: Bale
ST: Damaio

Cheers Guys

Okay so he has just been sold to Milan (who were not even interested in him to start) for a fee of £28.5m which hopefully will be made available for a replacement when it gets to January.

Could do with the sugestions pretty quick if anyone has any!! :D

Thiago (Alcantara, from Barca) or Pastore maybe?

Not sure if Pastore can play in MC tho

Yeah i have got Thiago coming in for a fee of £4.4m and I'm looking at Yttergard Jenssen.

I will take a look at Moutinho, Canales and Costa.

I've had Douglas Costa before but he seemed to be more effective playing in the wide role?

Cheers anyway guys :D

Thiago for £4.4m is a ******* bargain, how did you pull that off? Yttergard Jenssen is class aswell.

Jenssen is a good player, not world class by any means, won't be as effective as modric was, costa is effective on the woings but can also play as an AM and even CM (AM naturally i think). You got a right bargain there with Thiago, he gets to be a quality player :)

For some reason he was transfer listed at Barcelona? :L

Another thing, I have now just sold Sandro for £15m to inter milan, any suggestions for a player to play where Parker is at the moment, can be a player for now or for the future :D

Being an Arsenal fan, I have really low opinions of most the Spurs players so dont mind selling them :D

Check out Arouca from Santos. He's a great pickup at a nice price. He will be a great replacement for you

Yeah I got Thiago for that price too :)

For that position (MC @ AP->Attack), it may depend on my tactic but Pastore doesn't work that well. I think it is because of his low workrate. So try getting someone with a high one.

Play Siggurdson as Attacking Mid - Support.

selling sandro to buy arouca is absurd...

IMO selling Sandro is always a mistake, he is a monster. Even if you dont play with an anchor man or a DM, surely you need a holding/break up player somewhere, he is it. Play him and he becomes a force. He and Yann M'Vila are my usual DM buys.

I've tried and failed to replace Modric in that position myself, and now prefer to get a DLP for that spot instead. Quite often your new signing may just get in Sigurdsson's way.

For DM - fairly obvious choice, but Fellaini should do well if he's available for a reasonable price.

cristeig - future
vass - cheap
m'villa-expensive but world class