Reaction score
June 1st, 2011

Dumfries, Scotland

A new month, a new day, jobless. Applying for jobs in sport in this town seems useless, but thats what I want. I want to get into Football management, or even coaching. Why get some 2nd class job like a P.E teacher when I could be living the dream. (My dream that is) I want to be the manager of a football team. ANY TEAM IN SCOTLAND OR ENGLAND. The UK wouldnt be that bad to be honest. I would give up living in Scotland to jump ship and move to Ireland. I would need the experience. I could always start out there and move my way up the hard way. I need to stay in Scotland. I really do. I must, I get homesick quite alot. Im only 25 and I've never left here. Maybe like a month at the most. Imagine managing Queens? I mean I have grew up supporting them and also Celtic... but Queens is the first step. To get them promoted once and for all! Too many years in the lower leagues of Scotland. I can already see them on the decline. I can't let that happen. I must apply for this job!

wUcneXBLzZv7gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

June 7th

Dumfries, Scotland

Applied for the job at Palmerston Park. I wouldn't think that I would get it but the Chairman, Davie said that they're hasn't been many applications at all. He knew that the club was struggling and that changing the manager might not change that. I did pass my course at university and I got graded quite high! If I do manage to get this job then I would try to stay professional but inside I would be jumping around like a wee boy on christmas. Loanee's and free agents would be the most realistic options. Time to sleep now, one last tweet. DONE!

June 19th 2011

HISTORIC!

What a day. David Rae just phoned, I got it! I will arrive at Palmerston tomorrow to check out the stadium and get to know the lads. Brilliant. Is hasn't been long, but to me this has been the longest 2 weeks ever. I cant wait to meet the staff and players. Roll on Queens!

20th June, 2011

They lads are very optimistic. They have huge ambitions. Sam Parkin has just joined and he feels that with his experience, Queens could make a top half finish.

-----------------

21st June, 2011

My first official day in charge of Queens. A few recommended free agents which I could try to get on trial. Better to see what they are like as a person and as an athlete. Why waste wage budget on players which can't deliver?..

P.s.. This club doesn't have ANY scouts AT ALL! I've placed an advert up but I don't expect alot of replies.

22nd June, 2011

10:34 AM: Press conference with BBC sport in 2 hours.. Can't wait.

11:47 AM: Just a few nervy spells before the press start haulling questions at me like a tommy gun. Better tweet this!

------------------------------

PRESS CONFERENCE

BBC reporter: "you sit here as the new manager of Queen of the South, is this your dream job?"

Me: "I am please the chairman has trusted me in this position"

BBC reporter: "You arrive at the club as a replacement for Gus Macpherson who couldn't bring success to Palmerston Park. Do you feel you can take this club to the next level?"

Me: "Im confident and ready to get to work, sometimes pressure is a good thing to work with"

BBC reporter: "How involved are you going to be in the day-to-day running of the club?"

Me: "Im going to reshape this club from top to bottom"

BBC reporter: "What can we expect from you in the transfer market?"

Me: "Wait, What? This clubs skint rotten."

BBC reporter: "haha, but seriously"

Me: "Well, maybe a free agent or loanee I guess..."

BBC reporter: "Last season, the club missed out on the chance to gain promotion, also a challenge cup. How do you feel about achieving something for the club this season?"

Me: "Well, to be honest. I don't see this club getting promoted any time soon. We had a good squad last year, but barely nothing now. Avoiding relegation is most likely. Maybe a good cup run could see us go forward but thats about it im afraid"

BBC reporter: "I think this meeting has run its course, that will be all, thanks"

I have placed an offer for 3 Celtic youths. They look promising. I can see the squad improving with the likes of Paul George, Robbie Thomson and Filip Twardzik.

----------------------

June 23rd, 2011

The offers have been accepted. Its up to the players if they want to come to the club. I myself would love for them to come to Queens and become legends. Well... Maybe not LEGENDS but great players.

CHELSEA ACCEPTED OUR FRIENDLY INVITATION!! I can already count the extra funds :D

PRE-SEASON

QOS 2-2 QOS RESERVES

Tom Brighton out for 5 weeks.

24th June, 2011

Tony Watts offer for loan has been accepted. If he agrees to join us then the club has shown massive potential. 4 massive additions on the horizon. Onwards and upwards!

--------------------

25th and 26th June, 2011

IN> LOANS: F. TWARDZIK - Positions - Center Midfield, Left midfield, Left back
R. THOMSON - Positions - Goalkeeper
T. WATT - Positions - Striker

Paul George couldnt join because of the club already having 4 loanee's.

PRE-SEASON

EAST FIFE 0 - 3 QOS

(Brilliant display, some quality finishing from the younger lads in the squad)

27th, 28th, 29th June, 2011

Nothing happened at all. I think I'll just relax for the rest of the day.

----------------------

30th June, 2011

PRE-SEASON

QOS 2 - 4 DUNFERMLINE

Unlucky to get defeated, but its fitness and performance that counts. The result didnt count today.
Almost dreading what the result will be next week against Chelsea. Roll on July!

----------------------------

1st, 2nd, 3rd JULY!!! This is where the hard work begins.

Hired a scout finally.

ALAN REID: "thanks for giving me this opportunity to get back into scouting. Ive been jobless for a few months now and its been hard to feed the family. Ill try my best to scout the most reasonable targets that the club could acuire."

ME: "no problem, but as long as you scout good players, thats all that matters"

Jony Lopez has agreed to join us on trial. He looks like a great addition to the central defence. A real TANK!

------------------------------

4th July, 2011

LEAGUE CUP DRAW

Partick Thistle VS Montrose

Cowdenbeath VS Peterhead

Arbroath VS East Fife

Berwick VS Morton

Stenhousemuir VS Brechin

Dundee VS Elgin City

Queens park VS Ayr United

Dumbarton VS Airdrie

Ross County VS Stranraer

Queen of the South VS East Stirlingshire

Forfar VS Albion Rovers

Livingston VS Annan

Stirling VS Alloa

Falkirk VS Clyde

Not the trickiest fixture in the world, but I will have to be alert. They wont hold back to cause an upset. It is possible.