kurtywurty

Reaction score
So I am starting a new game on FM, my previous 3 saw me win the quad with Arsenal in my first year, the second saw me hit the play off places with Plymouth Argyle and the third saw me blitz the championship with Crystal Palace. I have been playing these games since 07 and the reason I tell you this is because I want to establish I'm no noob. However I am currently playing as Monaco and I just cannot get them to play well, individually we have the best players in the league, I have redone all the staff to the highest possible level, I have rotated around 5-6 of my best tactics to no avail. Now I know they recently came into money and have an almost entirely new playing staff but after a team cohesion fuelled pre-season and a training camp I expect slightly more than I'm getting. Is there something I should know about teams in the french league? is there a particular way that Monaco teams need to play? Is it (and I doubt it) that the new patch just hit and rendered all my tactics useless? Please someone.....guide me lol

So I am starting a new game on FM, my previous 3 saw me win the quad with Arsenal in my first year, the second saw me hit the play off places with Plymouth Argyle and the third saw me blitz the championship with Crystal Palace. I have been playing these games since 07 and the reason I tell you this is because I want to establish I'm no noob. However I am currently playing as Monaco and I just cannot get them to play well, individually we have the best players in the league, I have redone all the staff to the highest possible level, I have rotated around 5-6 of my best tactics to no avail. Now I know they recently came into money and have an almost entirely new playing staff but after a team cohesion fuelled pre-season and a training camp I expect slightly more than I'm getting. Is there something I should know about teams in the french league? is there a particular way that Monaco teams need to play? Is it (and I doubt it) that the new patch just hit and rendered all my tactics useless? Please someone.....guide me lol

I faced the same problems with MONACO myself. I had much better players than all League 2 put together but struggled and only won the league on the last day. I attributed it to buying about 10 players almost at the same time. Things were much better in the second season.

I faced the same problems with MONACO myself. I had much better players than all League 2 put together but struggled and only won the league on the last day. I attributed it to buying about 10 players almost at the same time. Things were much better in the second season.

This is so wierd I'm the exact same really struggling but have a strongest squad that should win but could be cus of all the new players that I brought in with the £13mil transfer budget

This is so wierd I'm the exact same really struggling but have a strongest squad that should win but could be cus of all the new players that I brought in with the £13mil transfer budget

Yeh, on top of the core of good players already there in the first season I got: planas, vd borre, boenisch, sviatchenko, strandberg, simao, wellington nem, doria, adrian, kozak and ademilson (and maybe a couple more I dont remember of - ah yes and C Gordon and Wallace)

What tactics are you guys playing with? i cant get any to work?

I did just over 3 seasons with Monaco in between my long term napoli save for a break and I had the same problem first season ... I only just managed promotion , but then in my second season I finished mid table in Ligue 1 and in the third season managed to get into the europa league! My tip is to stick with it first season and buy young players with high potential ... It will pay off next season and set you up for the next 5-10 years

Henry8597: What players would you recommend?

Id recomend Drenthe on a free first of all, Also I would recomend the usual Adryan, Doria and Wellington Nem. Kwueke is a good forward for 3.2 million at the start of the game, but every game is different so all these could turn out to be world beaters or flops!