Reaction score
Is it true if you are a well known club or your in a big league and you purchase an Asian international or an American player that shirt sales increase, aswel as tv revenue from abroad in their respective countries?

Yes so long as they have a high reputation. Any player with a high reputation increases shirt sales.

What if they only have a reputation in their country, like the bolton lad lee chung yong and nakamura when he was at celtic, apparently people in their countries tuned in just to watch them and followed the club because they were there, do you think picking up a asian international that has little reputation in other leagues can boost profits from their country specificly?

What if they only have a reputation in their country, like the bolton lad lee chung yong and nakamura when he was at celtic, apparently people in their countries tuned in just to watch them and followed the club because they were there, do you think picking up a asian international that has little reputation in other leagues can boost profits from their country specificly?
hahahahahahaa, thats a bit racist ;)...... (no but on a serious note, no matter what nationality they are as mentioned above, a big player signing does increase shirt sales (we all know that) ;)

hahahahahahaa, thats a bit racist ;)...... (no but on a serious note, no matter what nationality they are as mentioned above, a big player signing does increase shirt sales (we all know that) ;)

I can see where he's coming from though because it does happen in reality. Club signs popular asian player and half his country then buys shirts/merchandise/match tickets and earns a few million extra fans!

My best example isnt an Asian. Its David Beckham. Three quarters of Man United's fan base is Asian and half of them owned shirts bearing his name. Real quickly exploited this with a tour of the Far East when he transferred and most of them immediately ran out to buy Madrid tops. Now when you consider that Asia has some of the most populated countries in the World, thats a **** of a lot of shirts and it paid back Beckhams £25M fee inside a month. If ever there was a dedicated set of fans in the world its them.

But would it work if your grew your player from let say national reputation to worldwide?

I've done so with two South American lads when I played with Stoke.

I think it have to do with the 3 reputations (Home, Current and World)

I just signed chung-yong lee for sunderland in my first season. Received a notice saying merchandise will increase due to a surge of sales from fans in South Korea.

Very interesting point, anybody think Keisuke Honda will have a similar effect?

I believe it would be possible. Both asian players and highly rated. Worth a shot.

If you did it with Landon Donovan shirt sales would sky rocket.

I once bought Mahatma Otoo in my 6 season, he was in Leverkusen and he was a beast and, for the first time, the shirt sales increased due to me buying him.

Ye it happened with me,

Bought David Villa for £60m and a message came up saying "Blah Blah Blah"

interesting idea, would like to see if there is some FM calculation ( X player equal Y shirts) of if it is just a random thing. But Im sure that clubs buy certain players just for there Income overseas.

Might even try it myself

Ye it happened with me,

Bought David Villa for £60m and a message came up saying "Blah Blah Blah"