Money, money, money - a football managing mercenary tribute/ripoff

September '19

Sammuthegreat - It's an obscenity, the chairman should be ashamed of himself.

September '19

With the recent upturn in fortunes I am getting more pre and post-match conferences. I don’t know if that has any effect on raising my reputation, feels like maybe it should. I did not expect this question though:

zn8s9d.jpg

Dean Forte, perpetual purveyor of messages about the Bognor squad’s unhappiness with training has steered them into an early 3rd​ place. Dean ****** Forte. That’s none of my concern, I growl through gritted teeth. Indifferent Sam Harris, you just made the list.

Our first game of the month is a tired, scrappy affair away to Newport County. Alex Fletcher, the human terrier, nicks the win with the only goal of the game in first half stoppage time.

Next up is a televised home game, which still manages to set the attendance record for the season so far (3299) against Crawley. We bombard their goal, finishing the match with 34 shots in total, but have to wait until the 89th​ minute for new boy/old man, substitute Jon Stead to pop up with a headed winner. Centre back Tom Brewitt heroically hacks down their striker deep in injury time to prevent a one-on-one with the keeper and accepts a deserved red card.

219b1h1.jpg

That win puts us back on top of the league, two points clear of York.

A quick look at the player stats so far.

2whkn5h.jpg

Sad, sausage-faced Christian Hardy is all over that and already has a player of the month award to his name. Is that why Jaap Stam, manager at his parent club Wigan, has a bad opinion of me? What’s your problem Jaap, jealous? Nice to see Steve King and Mark Collier still on there. King got a job at East Thurrock in the VNS. Mark Collier is still unemployed. What a pity.

1zdu2aq.jpg

A tricky away game to 3rd​ placed Morecambe is made harder when normally dependable centre back and captain, Callum Reynolds gives away a stupid penalty in the first half, which they convert. Hardy has a rare off day and his substitute replacement Jonathan Edwards, who has missed most of the season so far through injury, grabs an equaliser with 20 minutes to play. Not a bad result, but I still tell the players I’m disappointed, just to keep them guessing really.

We drop points again at home to lowly Weston-Super-Mare, dominating the game, but struggling to carve them open. Two draws in a row, but we’re still unbeaten and top of the league. The wheels have definitely not fallen off. Yet. Last game of the month is away to 8th​ placed Welling.

2dlu0k2.jpg

One wheel did temporarily come off, but Stead comes to the rescue again to push us over the line. A far from convincing win, but we remain top, 2 points clear of second placed York.

a1gxuh.jpg

akhmol.jpg