FreakDJ

Reaction score
I have an unhappy player at my club who demands to move to a new club because he is unhappy with me breaking a promise; however, when i finally get someone to make a bid on him and accept it, he demands money to move!?

I don't understand. Has this happened to anyone else?

It is to make up the difference in his salary he will be losing out on. So he may have been on £10,000 at your club and can only be on £5000 at the new club, so he wants the money to make up the difference.

Yeah, makes sense, but hes the one who wanted to leave and complains if I don't accept an offer! He should be happy to leave even if he makes less a week.

Yeah, makes sense, but hes the one who wanted to leave and complains if I don't accept an offer! He should be happy to leave even if he makes less a week.

I've had it quite a lot tbh. When it gets to the stage that he is unhappy and you sell him, most of the clubs will offer lower so you will get it pretty often (well I have anyways). I usually try and get them happy again by playing them more or try and sell asap to avoid it.

I've had it quite a lot tbh. When it gets to the stage that he is unhappy and you sell him, most of the clubs will offer lower so you will get it pretty often (well I have anyways). I usually try and get them happy again by playing them more or try and sell asap to avoid it.
Interesting. I will try to avoid it and sell the player before they get unhappy for not being in the first team because they are underperforming.

I didn't mind in this first case here though, as I bought this player at 6.25m and sold him on for 13.5m after a season of him underperforming at my club. (He was valued at 12.5 at his sale from my club) so I didn't mind paying him 28k until his contract was supposed to be up at my club.

Yeah when they're unhappy and they want money to leave i just let them rot on the reserves.. it's so stupid

He's probably not very professional.

Reports say that he is a Jovial Character.
So his professionalism is on the low side then. It fits with his character asking for money when he's the one who wanted out.

I let them sit in the reserves/subs bench until the last year of contract, then get rid that way you minimise the amount you have to pay them.

I let them sit in the reserves/subs bench until the last year of contract, then get rid that way you minimise the amount you have to pay them.

I sell them on immediately, because normally they ask for less money than if you just let them sit in the reserves, plus they are gone and happy and you get the transfer funds available for yourself.

Now [h=1]Graziano Pellè[/h]has asked to move, with a professional attitude, yet he demands money.

He wanted to move back to Italy because he didn't enjoy being in England and thought it'd be best for his family.