YidArmyCanada

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm playing as Croydon FC from the Combined Counties League. We did well last year, making about 14,000 pounds in profit on the whole as well as securing promotion and two cup victories, and we started out this year by doing well as well -- I made around 60,000 in revenue from playing friendlies against much larger clubs. As it stands, I have us making a significant chunk of change in terms of revenue and I can't see us making much more this season but we are just bleeding out cash like you wouldn't believe. I looked to make sure and both our wage bills and our staff wages are well under control (approximately 2,500 per month combined which I think is nice considering that we just turned Semi-Pro this year and had to add all kinds of new players on contract). The issue is that we're dishing out nearly 50,000 pounds per month on "Other Expenses". Does anyone know how I can possibly get that number lowered so as to secure our finances for the coming years when we'll need to make the professionalism jump and secure better talent to move through the tiers? Any advice at all would be more than welcome.

Cheers,

Ryan

from my experience the easiest way to solve the problem is too get promoted, as many times and as quickly as possible. don't be scared to exceed your budget if it means you will be in the division up the following season. looks like you are exploiting a lot of the little tricks to making money, only other thing i can recommend is a parent club, they will give you money and free loans....it's a win win!

I wish my ****** board would give me a parent club -- turns out that any income we would gain would be 'negligible'.