Gaz1984

Reaction score
Ruining Football?

Yes Man Chity want a player they get him because the will times there wage by 3 or 4 what any normal well ru club.

Can't wait to until the sheik gets bored an pulls his money out and city get back to where they belong. (mid table at best)

Poor Manager, poorly ran club - luckly for there fans lots of money

Well, the main difference is that almost every player in the world wants to play for Real Madrid - so, their wages don´t need to be that inflated ...

I´m not sure about the idea, but what you people think of salary caps ?

man city may be a poorly run club and the moment and it will bite them back in the **** but mark hughes isnt a poor manager he was amazing at blackburn

I do agree all the money ruins it but madrid and man city make the transfer market fun i think

I don't think they are poorly ran, it's about time someone had a crack at the big four and to be honest, they should of kept Sven

Ha Ha someone is having a crying session. No they are not ruining football i hate all that talk....nobody seemed to bother when it happened in Italy in the late 90's or Spain with Real Madrid (the first time) or even chelsea so much but now it's ohh it's ruining the game.

People also said Roman would get bored but thats yet to happen aswell

italian and spanish clubs earned their money by being succesful on the football pitch and off it with marketing and sponsoring ( maybe madrids is a bit dodgy. loans and dodgy real estate deals).chelsea were already good. whereas city were just picked out a hat by some trillionare. and some of the top players in the world are going to team who are mediocre at best.

you can't really compare with city and those other things.

The thing is that say Man Utd were prepared to accept a resonable bid for Ronaldo say £30 mill Ronaldo would have gone anyway regardless of high wages even though that prob was a big factor.

Its like what someone else said nearly every top footballer would love to play for Real, unfortunatly Real only want the best so an £80 mill bid for a player is a nessecity.

The Man City situation could be blamed basically n the players that have joined greed plus the fact it looks like Man City are building a good team ready to challenge the top 4 so a bit of both there really. Man City = Too much money + a lot of ambition.

I guess the person who started the topic wouldnt moan if Everton bought Barry or Benzema from the wealth of an Arab sugar daddy :D

I think maybe it is bad that Real and Man City seem to be able to get who they want, but it still could be a gamble.

Adecantcore for instance........... not worth £26mill
Toure was back up at Arsenal
Barry will mis the Villa midfield
Kaka and Ronaldo will be forever competing against eachother for the title of midfield champion could end up getting sloppy trying to out do eachother, but then again Kaka is a pro Ronaldo is frankly a **** regardless of being a great footballer.

Good for the game or not I dont beleieve this big spending by Man City and Real is gunna affect the Prem or any league too much, I guarantee atleast 2 Prem teams will be in the CL semis next season still a good look for us!

i thank man city for buying adebayor of us for £25 million

i thank man city for buying adebayor of us for £25 million

Deffo, he was a one season wonder, Wenger's selling that donkey Senderos aswell for £6mill that will bring his budget up to £50 mill hopefully!!!

A bid for hunterlaar would be good aswell as viera and still have about £35mill to spend or to pay off debts!

I think Chelsea were ruined football when they fielded a whole foreign team in 2001, Real Madrid. Who cares about Man City, you just don't want to see Lescott leave but he's nothing great, Moyes is just trying to get 20-30 million out of the deal, Lescott is good but knowing Moyes, he'll find adequate replacements who are just as good

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

The thing is that say Man Utd were prepared to accept a resonable bid for Ronaldo say £30 mill Ronaldo would have gone anyway regardless of high wages even though that prob was a big factor.

Its like what someone else said nearly every top footballer would love to play for Real, unfortunatly Real only want the best so an £80 mill bid for a player is a nessecity.

The Man City situation could be blamed basically n the players that have joined greed plus the fact it looks like Man City are building a good team ready to challenge the top 4 so a bit of both there really. Man City = Too much money + a lot of ambition.

I guess the person who started the topic wouldnt moan if Everton bought Barry or Benzema from the wealth of an Arab sugar daddy :D

I think maybe it is bad that Real and Man City seem to be able to get who they want, but it still could be a gamble.

Adecantcore for instance........... not worth £26mill
Toure was back up at Arsenal
Barry will mis the Villa midfield
Kaka and Ronaldo will be forever competing against eachother for the title of midfield champion could end up getting sloppy trying to out do eachother, but then again Kaka is a pro Ronaldo is frankly a **** regardless of being a great footballer.

Good for the game or not I dont beleieve this big spending by Man City and Real is gunna affect the Prem or any league too much, I guarantee atleast 2 Prem teams will be in the CL semis next season still a good look for us!

I understand the Adebayour bit but Toure was never backup at Arsenal, he fell out with Gallas and he was part of the invincibles, the fact that you call backup is shameful.

Deffo, he was a one season wonder, Wenger's selling that donkey Senderos aswell for £6mill that will bring his budget up to £50 mill hopefully!!!

A bid for hunterlaar would be good aswell as viera and still have about £35mill to spend or to pay off debts!

If I were in your boots I'd aim higher with £50 million to be honest, I think Arsenal are a great team to watch and I think most players would jump at the chance to play next to Fabregas. You have some qaulity youngsters, fully expecting Wilshere to rule the right or left wing for you this year.

Van Persie is a donkey compared to Arshavin, I think you need to get a 30+ goalscorer that you have missed since Henry. Huntelaar isn't bad but I would say someone more like Henry you don't really need the aerial play up front with the way Arsenal play.

You are in dyer need of centrebacks to replace both Gallas and now Toure, Toure was right to be sold was an African Clique forming there.

Thing is Arsenals status and attractabilty will only really attract players like Hunterlaar atm plus i think him and V.Persie together would be immense.

I would love to say we could afford a bid for Ribery, but when the likes of Chavski and Real will offer more money for the transfer, wages, signing on fee etc I really cant see a top European footballer coming to Arsenal untill Wenger proves the club have ambition by actually signing someone decent!!

The only reason Arshavin joined was for the CL every year and to attract the attention of the 'big boys'.

His wife hates London and he hates the tax system in this country, so Im thinking a season of magic from him could lead the way to a big money move to Barca next year???

I reckon he's doing a Tevez job, all good though gives him a reason to give 110% every game cant complain with that!!!

Also from going to the Emirates a lot last year Im thinking more Vela on the left, Arshavin on the right. Every game Vela came on for us as a sub, he was immense gave the ooposing defense problems. Even though Im a beliver in Jack Wilshere i think maybe a loan to the Championship this year will be better for him and let Vela have his chance.

Last edited:
Thing is Arsenals status and attractabilty will only really attract players like Hunterlaar atm plus i think him and V.Persie together would be immense.

I would love to say we could afford a bid for Ribery, but when the likes of Chavski and Real will offer more money for the transfer, wages, signing on fee etc I really cant see a top European footballer coming to Arsenal untill Wenger proves the club have ambition by actually signing someone decent!!

The only reason Arshavin joined was for the CL every year and to attract the attention of the 'big boys'.

His wife hates London and he hates the tax system in this country, so Im thinking a season of magic from him could lead the way to a big money move to Barca next year???

I reckon he's doing a Tevez job, all good though gives him a reason to give 110% every game cant complain with that!!!

Arshavin will still be the best player I think he's qaulity on the ball but Wilshere is the real gem, he was amazing against Rangers did you see his second goal? Amazing anyways, I can see Arsenal having a better year this year, you started so well and then the determination just seemed to go...

You need a signing that will cover Rosicky and Nasri because they seem to be getting injured non-stop... I would say just someone half decent for that role.

A new goalie wouldn't be too bad for you guys Almunia is a numpty!

People saying they hate man city, maybe a bit of jealousy? If the team you supported had loads of money you wouldn't be moaning would you?

Also from going to the Emirates a lot last year Im thinking more Vela on the left, Arshavin on the right. Every game Vela came on for us as a sub, he was immense gave the ooposing defense problems. Even though Im a beliver in Jack Wilshere i think maybe a loan to the Championship this year will be better for him and let Vela have his chance.

what's a "tevez job"?

whats the point in teams even getten takenover if they arnt aloud to use the money provided.

know1 here cant tell me if their your club was being rumourd to be takenover with some rich arab or russian you wouldnt be excited.

I completely disagree that money is ruining football.

It brings the best players in the world together into fewer, more exciting teams.

The idea that a team is only good, or football is only proper when all the players were born locally is silly and basically boring. Yes, its great when youngsters come in, but the real draw is world class players.

I have no problem with Man City (despite being a Utd fan) or Real Madrid, or Chelsea in their time. The money that is spent goes to other teams after all, and it makes all of the football off-season more interesting as there is more transfer activity...

And yes, if Abromovich pulled out it would be hilarious :)

After all, there arte only a few stupidly rich clubs in the world, and they can only field 11 players at a time, so its not like there will not be lots of great players for the other clubs who have recieved all this money to spend it on...

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

what's a "tevez job"?

Think a "Tevez Job" is the idea of playing somewhere so that you get into the shop window for something more lucrative in a year or two.

Much like Tevez to west ham (who, lets not forget, were being hugely ambitious and planned on growing massivly at the time), and then to Utd. He knew that playing there for two years would make him a lot of money and increase his profile to the point that when he moved (as he clearly had every intention of doing) he would really hit a big pay-day...

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

All well having a £50m budget... but like Utd, if they dont spend it, it may as well not exist....

Salary cap in football is essential if you want to keep all clubs interested, but is highly unlikely to be voted in when 4 premiership clubs a year get the 30 million cashcow that is the european cup.

Rugby Union went professional shortly after the 1995 world cup and the Guinness Premiership (as is now) was awash with clubs that splashed cash like it was going out of fashion (Richmond as an example but there are many more) and found that the fan base did not sustain the spending (at many clubs).

Some clubs such as Gloucester Bath and Leicester could rely on large gates and didnt have the "sugar daddy" so were largely untroubled but in order to quell the flow of clubs going out of business a salary cap was implemented.

The cap is on the maximum amount of money a club can spend in total on the playing staff and I think it works extremely well in Rugger and could be translated using "sensible" budgets to football.

Basically with the salary cap you can have 2 or 3 top earning players 2 or 3 high earners and the rest on an average to good salary. Should some of your youngsters progress to international standard and want the top salary you have to juggle your resources.

This would then have the effect of making a team (such as Man U for an example) have the ability to sign the best player in the world but the rest of the team would have to be made up with "lesser lights" and younger players.

The counter of course is to build a workmanlike team of 11 "good" rather than great players and have more consistency in your play.

It would make the top divisions a fairer place as (even though im a Derby fan) the lack of any real variety in who has a chance of winning doesnt half make the premiership dull.

But then the top teams would never accept this as they all have 600 billion pound debts they cant service without the european cup.

How about a salary cap of the mean winnings from the division but the cap only applies to the base salary? that might work, so if you're winning cups etc you could offer a reasonable salary and use the competition winnings to pay goal/win bonuses...