conorc98

Reaction score
my challenge/story is based on the baseball film starring brad pitt and Jonah hill 'moneyball' in this film they forget about players age or stature in their game and buy players based on their stats. for example if I wanted a striker id look for one that has a high conversion rate.if I wanted a winger id buy a player with a hign number of dribbles per game. I will let the game run for a season before starting so players stats will be there for me to see. any players who didn't perform for the club last season will be sold regardless of their name or ability it is purely based on previous performances. my first update will be my transfer business followed by how my pre season friendlies go.

my challenge/story is based on the baseball film starring brad pitt and Jonah hill 'moneyball' in this film they forget about players age or stature in their game and buy players based on their stats. for example if I wanted a striker id look for one that has a high conversion rate.if I wanted a winger id buy a player with a hign number of dribbles per game. I will let the game run for a season before starting so players stats will be there for me to see. any players who didn't perform for the club last season will be sold regardless of their name or ability it is purely based on previous performances. my first update will be my transfer business followed by how my pre season friendlies go.

Love this idea, one of my favourite films!! Will defo be following!!

View attachment 372548
A BUSY SUMMER FOR EVERTON

After a difficult season finishing 17th in the premier league Everton have taken action sacking their manager and replacing him with a young rookie manager, who has also taken action making 16 new signings
View attachment 372519
View attachment 372525View attachment 372526View attachment 372527View attachment 372528View attachment 372529View attachment 372530View attachment 372531View attachment 372532View attachment 372534View attachment 372535View attachment 372536View attachment 372537View attachment 372538View attachment 372539View attachment 372540View attachment 372541

and a bad start to the season

Everton 0-1 West Ham
a poor performance and didn't create a single clear chance

Manchester City 2-0 Everton
one way traffic throughout the game,arcari saved it from being a cricket score

Barnsley 0-1 Everton (aet) :Andre Fontas
few changes for this capital one cup game,once again never threatened but a late goal in extra time from andre fontas put me through

Everton 1-0 QPR :Jordan Rrhodes
finally a game which I really controlled, created little chances but at least beginning to be on top in games

player of the month-Michele Arcari
View attachment 372537

saved me from embarrassment against city and 2 clean sheets out of 4.great start for him

monthly review
a bad month with the west ham result being particulary annoying. home needs to be a fortress and should be doing much better against that standard of opposition. however it will take time for my squad to blend so at least I now have a win on the board against QPR and hopefully will go on further from that game

Last edited:
View attachment 372791
September-the drop to the bottom

Newcastle 3-1 Everton
they controlled the game but other than their goals didn't really threaten me

Fulham 1-0 Everton
was the better side and controlled the game but very few chances either way and they took one

C.O.C-Sheff Wed 0-2 Everton
great performance,passing was slick and played them off the park, one goal had 24 passes in the build up to it

Everton 0-3 Arsenal
scoreline doesn't reflect game, was 1-0 down in an even game last 5 minutes went all out for the equaliser and was caught on the break twice

player of the month-Damien Johnson
View attachment 372790
made some solid tackles and played nice and simple on the ball+not much competition for this month

monthly review
absolutely shocking month, cant get the simple neat and tidy passing going. team wide open at the back and isn't creating another down the other end,this story could soon be cut short by sacking

View attachment 372794
October-my season starts now

Southampton 1-2 Everton :Rhodes x2
a massive away win against another side struggling, pulls me off the bottom spot

Reading 3-1 Everton :Rhodes
how? I was the better team start to finish,2 goals from set pieces and another late on won for them against my wasteful attack

Everton 2-1 Birmingham :Rhodes, Sau
played well and deserved the win that a wonder goal from substitute Sau gave me

COC- Arsenal 3-1 Everton :gaitan
not much I can say,they were the better side and deserved the win, nice to see gaitan on the scoresheet he was playing well this month and deserved a goal

player of the month-Jordan Rhodes
View attachment 372792

4 goals in 3 games that he played meant I couldn't look past him,gaitan ran him close though

monthly review
a good month for me, 2 wins out of 3 in the league as my team finally shows signs of being together as a team. I should have beat reading aswell but that's football

Last edited:
any feedback would be appreciated, just to let me know if youre following because if no one is im wasting my time with the updates

keep it up mate love seeing where this will go hope you dont get the sack cos you might be on to something here

I'm following this, love the idea, but you bought too many players, it takes time for them to start playing like a team. Hoping that results will pick up and you avoid axing, interested in how this will be going...

4 straight losses ends the moneyball story

Everton 0-3 West Brom
58:42 possession to me 15 shots to their 4 but once again they seem to score every attack they had

Swansea 3-1 Everton
more shots, more possession again, but another defeat

Everton 2-3 Man United
3-0 down after 30 minutes, fought back incredibly and probably deserved a draw

Chelsea 3-0 Everton
battered,simply battered. 0 shots

story review
it from the start just didn't work for me, I signed too many players,couldnt find the right tactic and was too interested in playing 'the right way' rather than trying to grind out some results. I hope somebody else trys this and does it to a higher standard.good luck to anybody that does it

you could allways try again but this time dont buy as many players

you could allways try again but this time dont buy as many players
I may do in the future but right now I want to try taking a lower league team up or maybe try get some success in CL with a team in a league like wales/ireland