Moneyballs? Moneybags... A Liverpool FC story.

OlliLFC

Reaction score
LIVERPOOL BOUGHT
New owners at the club.
Famous English club Liverpool FC has today been purchased by new middle eastern owners, for a sum of around 500M pounds from the Fenway Sports Group.

The new owners have immediately sacked Brendan Rodgers, preferring to appoint former England international Oliver Emmerson to the role. It is Emmerson's 1st managerial venture 6 years after retiring, he is reported to have a transfer kitty of around 60M pounds to spend.

With Brendan Rodgers already having brought in Joe Allen and Fabio Borini this summer, it is yet to be seen in what areas of the squad he would like to strengthen.

Mlada Boleslav 3-0 Liverpool.

Emmerson undone in 1st competetive game.

Liverpool tonight suffered a shock loss in the 1st leg of their europa league qualifier, going down 3-0 to Czech minnows Mlada Boleslav.

Oliver Emmerson fielded a young side including players like Andre Wisdom, Jordan Ibe and Suso as Liverpool looked to come through with something. This result will of outlined how stretched Liverpool's squad is, and shown Emmerson that to compete for that elusive top 4 spot he really needs to spend big, and fast! With the season opener against Chelsea a little over a week away...

£60M really? well thats a lot as liverpool already have a rather good squad but oh well its your story good luck

£60M really? well thats a lot as liverpool already have a rather good squad but oh well its your story good luck

I didn't actually start with 60M, used a cheat, I admit. But I had to so I could write the story as I want, with Liverpool being taken over by a rich middle eastern owner!

Red's Roar Through!... Just!
Liverpool 6-2 Mlada Boleslav
(6-5 on aggregate)

Oliver Emmerson's young Liverpool side dramatically scraped through in their Europa League 3rd round qualifier.

After being dominated and losing 3-0 in the 1st leg, LFC had it all to do against their czech opponents.

Things started well for the reds with Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge goals putting them 2-0 up after 12 minutes. Things then took a turn for the worst as Roman Halasaka made it 2-1, but 4-2 on aggregate meaning when the half time whistle blew, Liverpool needed 3 more goals.

When Kamil Gabriel levelled up on the night on the 70th minute mark, it seemed impossible.

But as Emmerson quickly found out, on European nights at Anfield anything can happen. And so it did, the skipper Steven Gerrard pulled once back, and then Raheem Sterling and Phillipe Coutinho got in on the act.

3 goals in 10 minutes had got Liverpool back level on aggregate, but the Czech side were still going through on away goals.

Things looked bleak, until Sterling bombed in a cross, which was knocked down... and up popped 5'6 midfielder Joe Allen with the clincher!

Emmerson mentioned the fans in his post match comments, saying 'The fans have been brilliant towards me, and nights like this tell me that I must get Liverpool back into the Champions league, I appreciate the supporters patience and will be rewarding it by hopefully announcing a few new additions later this week.'

Emmerson splashes cash.

5 big name players arrive at Anfield.

Liverpool manager Oliver Emmerson has delivered on his promise to the fans, bringing in 5 huge players this week that will surely excite the Anfield crowd.

1- Robert Lewandowski- Borussia Dortmund- 29.5M

The 1st signing of the Emmerson and middle eastern regime, more support for star player Luis Suarez after Robert was transfer listed at his own request. Emmerson described the striker as a 'gutsy, old fashioned striker' who would 'score goals for fun this season.'

2- Stephan El Shaarawy- Ac Milan- 26M *rising to 31.5

The attacking midfielder Emmerson said he was looking for, described as a 'flair player with technique to make Ronaldinho blush'. The midfielder, who can play all across, didn't come cheap and will surely have to maximise his potential in order to live up to his transfer fee.

3- Leroy Fer- FC Twente- 8M

A combative centre mid that city rivals Everton were after, Fer adds a certain 'bite' Liverpool were after in midfield.

4- Brad Friedel- Tottenham- 1M

Finally some competition for Pepe Reina, Friedel returns to Liverpool, the club who bought him to Europe in the 1st place.

5- Dede- Cruzeiro- 26M

Emmerson got the cb that he stressed was so crucial, this young Brazilian player is tipped to be something big.

As well as these 5 marquee signings, Liverpool also paid 3.6M for a young winger called Massimo Bruno, and brought in Mikel Balenziaga from valladolid on loan to give some cover to Jose Enrique.

On the out front, no permenant transfers were done apart from the sale of Peter Gulasci to Manchester City for 2M. Many youth players went out on loan, with the biggest name being Andre Wisdom to Rangers.

Solid start for Emmerson

August
Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea (Lewandowski)
AA Gent 1-2 Liverpool (Gerrard, Gerrard)
Swansea 0-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-2 AA Gent (Gerrard, Lewandowski, Lewandowski)
Most critics seem to think Emmerson has had a decent start to the season, a well fought draw against Chelsea. Easily rolled over Gent in the Europa league play off and came close to an away win against Swansea.

Player of the month: Steven Gerrard- 5 goals in the month for the captain, all in the Europa League but he did inspire that comeback against Mlada Boleslav.

Mate no need to write players names who score more than once again and again: a simple Gerrardx2 would do the trick.