Bemore

Reaction score
Monopoly

4-2-3-1 Asymmetric (plays as 4-2-4, sometimes 4-1-4-1)

This tactic works by out playing the opposition. We try to starve the opposition of any meaningful possession. They will always create chances and there will be bad days at the office - you know the "X falls to late defeat/fail to make chances pay" and consecutive defeats

Formation
View attachment 119194

The BBM and the AM(S) are the play makers though the AM(S) can chip in with a few goals too, I played Afobe here and he scored quite a few. The CM (S) is a holding midfielder, he must know how to distribute the ball and defend a little

For this to work with instant match, in the player instruction menu (the button above the red "Edit" button) click the "+Add Players" button on the bottom left, select all players that have a natural level in that position and the players you want to play in this position too. This locks them in so that the assistant manager doesn't tinker too much.

Team Instructions
View attachment 119193

We play with a slightly higher line so that we are shooting closer to goal. We play at a low tempo so we aren't asking defenders to rush at the back. We play more direct passes so that passes are not square too often. We play out of defense to somewhat retain possession in our own half but we don't have the retain possession instruction on so that the midfield focuses on creating chances than controlling possession

Player Instructions

Set Pieces
Check in-game

Opposition Instructions
Instruct whatever suits your teams needs or let your assistant control them

Training
Train whatever suits your team and player's needs or let your assistant manager control them

Competitions
View attachment 119192

Fixtures
View attachment 119187View attachment 119191

Link
Monopoly

Notes
Changes I made in the first window: I brought in a backup CD for 3M ( Ryan Bennet from Norwich) and sold Max Gradel because Liverpool wanted him for 25M. Bournemouth are predicted to finish 16th, basically expected to be involved in the relegation battle. There are 15 higher rated and 3 similar rated teams that I used this tactic for. Against smaller rated opposition during pre-season we were dominant.. but so was every other team against smaller rated opposition :'(

In January I looked at the stats and I found that the RMD and AM (Treq) I originally had on my left, both with attacking duties created space for the opposition to punish us consistently on the right wing. My left back had collected the most yellow cards. I adjusted this imbalance before the Man Utd game as I was sure they were gonna get joy in this area and I had a lot to lose. I changed the Attacking Midfielder from a Treq' to a AM(S) and swapped the RMD and IF, this way the AM and IF could work with each each other as they get up the pitch and the RMD can work with the F9 and BBM. A little more work is created for the BBM as he has to cover for the RMD. This reduced the amount of goals conceded, improved the goal difference and was the last major change to the tactic.

:)

Last edited:
Great post and so far a really great tactic for me. Had to change from counter to controll since I'm playing with Liverpool

It is amazing tactics. He used to Parma and they were phenomenal results. For such a weak team.

Thank You

Thanks guys

It plays well but the problem is that other teams, especially better ones, seem to be able to catch us on the counter and find the team exposed, the team seems to be playing a little too deep too. In this way the tactic is definitely incomplete. Perhaps other guys can see something I missed and change something to make the tactic more well rounded.

I see this as a good tactic a person can use to get a feel for the game. It shows we don't have to play with a standard or controlling mentality. We can play quality football with any team and players.

Anyway I'm working on a new tactic and I hope I'll get to share it soon. I'd love to see what results other managers get using this tactic though, I enjoyed it

Last edited: