Montgomery Town - Building A Welsh Dynasty

Feliks

Reaction score
One thing that I've always wanted to 'fix' in the football world is how terrible domestic football is in Wales. For a national side that has been in the top 10 of the world on a few occasions recently, the Welsh Premier League is quite simply one of the worst in Europe and it isn't helped by the fact that the best clubs play in the English system.

I've loaded up a Welsh custom database that gives me the top four tiers of football in the country and I'll be managing Mid Wales Football League Division 2 side Montgomery Town

View attachment 61083
Montgomery Town are an amateur side with no players or staff, meaning I'll be building the club from the ground up. Their eponymous stadium holds just 375 people and they have poor training and youth facilities. We'll be starting with just £876 in the balance but expect that to grow as time goes on.

View attachment 61082
There are four different tracks to the Welsh Premier League, each with three divisions for a total of four tiers. We'll be playing in the Mid Wales League 2 with an unusual 13 teams. The season will be 24 games long, and only the winner will gain promotion to the Mid Wales League 1. From there, you get promoted to the Ceredigion League and then to the top flight.

SAVE GOALS

I want to take Montgomery Town to the top of Welsh football whilst promoting home-grown talent, and hopefully make inroads into continental competitions. At the moment, the Welsh Premier League is considered the 50th best in Europe (behind Lithuania, Luxembourg and Armenia) and I want to push it comfortably into the top 30.

I'll be posting my first update soon, once I complete pre-season. I'll be assembling my squad and backroom from scratch so I hope I can build a competitive team quickly.

Last edited:
An interesting challenge ahead, I'll be reading with intent.