Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MFC1992

Banned
Reaction score
Riccardo Montolivo's agent has dismissed reports that the Fiorentina captain is on the verge of a move to Arsenal.

The midfielder has been one of Italy's most consistent performers in a thus far disappointing World Cup campaign for the Azzurri, and it was reported that Gunners coach Arsene Wenger has been monitoring him in South Africa.

But agent Giovanni Branchini insists that Montolivo is committed to La Viola, and claimed that he would never divulge any details of transfer discussions.

"Aside from the fact that if negotiations were ongoing I would not be telling the Press, these rumours make me laugh," Branchini said.

"This news is totally made up. Montolivo is good enough to be linked to Arsenal but not at this stage while he is busy with the Nazionale, halfway through the World Cup.

"Don't you think it's strange that these rumours came out just before the New Zealand game? Probably some papers needed to fill their pages.

"The same thing has happened with Sebastien Frey. I said he is not going to Aston Villa, but pundits keep on talking about it.
"It's just normal that at this time of the year, with the World Cup going on, people talk about players. But people should have a bit of common sense too," he concluded.

Montolivo, 25, has made more than 150 Serie A appearances for Fiorentina since moving from Atalanta in 2005.

Last edited:
They have got Fabregas, Nasri & Arshavin they don't need Montolivo the need a Keeper and defenders

Montolivo is probably the player I'd replace Fabregas with but I don't think he's consider a move to Arsenal, they should stick to French 9 year olds.

would be a good replacement for fabregas and change that font it **** lol

Why concentrate on the midfield at the moment?

As it has been said, we are in dire need of a Keeper and Defenders. Until Fabregas actually leaves we don't have to focus on that position.

well it kinda looks inevatable that fabregas will leave so try and get in there before anyone else

well it kinda looks inevatable that fabregas will leave so try and get in there before anyone else

With the current situation it looks more 50/50 than 'inevitable'. But we'll see.

Plus, I think going by what I have seen I would rather Ozil or Gourcuff than Montolivo.

Montolivo is a fantastic player, but i voted no, i want man united to buy hhim! :)