Montpellier Herault Heroes

• Thread starter Thread starter bambam.cam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9K
Mate,
Just a question, are you not saving the game until you win or get a good result. I that's not the case can you share your tactics.

Thanks

Mate,
Just a question, are you not saving the game until you win or get a good result. I that's not the case can you share your tactics.

Thanks
This isn’t the case, though as tempting as it sounds. Also, I haven’t found it isn’t too hard to perform in Ligue 1 with Montpellier because the team balance is amazing, the squad is young and looking to develop and the players are great.

February: Short and Sharp 2012

Home Games: Ajaccio, Brestois, Bordeaux
Away: PSG

Results:
Ajaccio crushed by Montpellier

View attachment 207048
Ajaccio were comprehensively beaten 3-0 by a clinical Montpollier side. A marvelous goal from Karim Ait Fana gave Montpollier the perfect start on 4 minutes. Dzodic nodded home from Kenia's corner to double the lead on 27 minutes. Giroud finished the scoring 35 minutes in with a flick on from Belhanda's smart cross. That’s the way it stayed, and Montpollier could have scored more, but Ochoa was brilliant in goal.

Ait Fana Magic extends Montpellier lead at top of Ligue 1

View attachment 207049
Karim Ait Fana scored a brace and created another for Yanga Mbiwa to help Montpellier run out 4-2 winners over Stade Brestois. Chilean Marco Estrada scored the other.

Montpellier dominated by PSG but win

View attachment 207051
Montpellier nicked a 1-0 away win over PSG. In a game which was down to taking chances, that man Giroud finished on top, scoring a great header. 60% possesion to PSG in Paris.

Montpellier crush 10-man Bordeaux

View attachment 207054
Montpellier crushed a sloppy Bordeaux side 3-0 in Montpellier overnight. Argentinian January import Marcos Flores got his first goal after some classy hold-up play for Giroud. Belhanda scored next with a 18-yard placed shot. Karim Ait Fana scored the final goal with a tap in.

MARCH: DISASTER MONTH

Fixtures: Dijon, Caen, Nancy, Etteine, Marseille

Dijon beat Montpellier in surprise loss

View attachment 207052
Montpellier lost 1-0 to a clinical Dijon side. Matsui got the goal.

Montpellier wasteful in consecutive losses

Montpellier were mocked by another clinical display from cellar-dwellers Caen. Frau and Deroin got Caen goals, while Pitau got the late consolation for Montpellier. 19 shots (Montpellier) to 6 (Caen). 8 on target (Montpellier) to 3 (Caen).

Montpellier lose 3rd game in a row

Montpellier succumbed to a 3rd consecutive loss to Nancy. Montpellier had no shots on target in a wasteful display.

Montpellier drop more points

View attachment 207055

A late Marcos Flores goal saved Montpellier's blushes with a late equalizer. Belhanda scored the opening goal, before Max Gradel and Ludeuna got goals to turn the match around. But up popped Flores with a long range goal.

Montpellier lose out

Montpellier lost another subclinical match from the South French side, this time Marseille ran out winners. This capped off a winless month for Pope's boys.

Montpellier in CRISIS: APRIL

Socheaux Montbe beat Montpellier by big margin

Montpellier was outplayed by a wonderful Socheaux side. Peybernes of Socheaux had an outstanding game for Montbe scoring 2 of the 3 goals.

Montpellier lucky to not lose again

Montpellier were dominated but this time Lorient were not clinical and let Montpellier scrape a point.

Montpellier winless in 8, officially a crisis

Montpellier played Valenciennes in another bore draw, the game finshed 0-0.

Giroud ends fans pain with late goal

View attachment 207056

Olivier Giroud was the savior for Montpellier as they won there first game in 9. Dominated by Toulouse throughout, Giroud popped up late to ****** a late win.

Ebicillo brace in big Montpellier win

View attachment 207057
Montpellier won 4-0 against a woeful Evian, Liverpool flop Poulsen was sent off again. Kenia and Agirrexte got the other goals in a great game for Montpellier fans.

Montpellier win Ligue 1 with Rennais draw

View attachment 207058
Montpellier needed only a draw to clinch the Ligue 1 title for the first time, and Pope didn’t disappoint. No goals in the game, but made supporters happy with their first ever title.
nd it isnt too hard to perform in Ligue 1 with Montpellier because the team balance is amazing, the squad is young and looking to develop and the players are great.

View attachment 207059
Player of the season IMO:
Olivier Giroud, popped up at crucial times, and scored 22 league goals to fire us to the title!
View attachment 207061
Fixtures:
View attachment 207062View attachment 207063View attachment 207064

Thanks for reading this mammoth update :)

Please tell us your tactics!!! and trainings lol. Who was your best performer and your favourite??? Congrats for winning title by the way

Nice title win, Wasn't expecting that when I first started reading but very well done.;)

tactics are simple and attacking, 4 at the back (wingbacks, stopper and cover), 2 central mids (ball winning mid and b2b mid) 1 attacking mid (inside forward), 2 wingers (winger attck) and giroud at target man. Fluid, high-line, no offside trap, man marking, hard tackling etc.
I dont know what happens but i change match preperation every week. So 1 week i'll use defensive positioning, next week might be teamwork and rotating around like that.

Best performer Giroud: Always solid and pops up with key goals.
Favourite: Levan Kenia or Ait Fana, my mini pocket rockets who are always on the ball and creating chances.

Transfers up soon :)
thanks

PS: I havent changed my trainings, might have to do that before next season lol :P

You going to carry onto next season as well? Your in Champions League are you not so would love to see how you got on.

Also, I started a game with Vitesse in the Netherlands earlier and got Ait Fana, brilliant player.:)

bout to start the run of games very soon Rangers26

anyone want to hear the transfers i managed to get!? :P

had exams so went thru and holidayed the whole season,
won the league, and a cup.
just got access back to my computer now so will start season 3!
thanks, ive been a bit backed up :/

I've just finished my first season with Montpellier and came up second behind Lille. My Giroud is a total woodman. He hasn't scored a single one-on-one goal and most of his efforts end as goalkicks.(Thank God i have Koita who is an amazing target man) And if he has the opportunity to pass the ball (4 of mine against 2 of the others) he would just shoot no matter of his position.(Same as Belhanda). Any advise you can give mate cause I am already thinking of selling the guy.

play him with a quick striker, keep praising the lad, the goals will come. I play him as target man when i play 2 strikers and as poacher when he leads the line by himself. Also put his schedule on composure to improve those one on ones.

Back