Monumental unveils football MMO

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Look out Sports Interactive, Monumental is kicking about on your turf with a new football MMO.
Football SuperStars takes 3D soccer games like FIFA and PES into the online world, offering players the chance to meet up in a virtual world, create a footballer and train them in a variety of different size matches and tournaments.

Development of the game is being handled at Nottingham-based Monumental, while the game is being published out by new online games company CyberSports.

Rik Alexander, CEO of Monumental Games, commented: “Football SuperStars will capture both the magic of the beautiful game on the pitch and also to bring football lifestyle elements like fame, fortune and glory to the table. Football already has great communities and fan bases and we’re hoping to capture that passion and bring it together in a virtual world where players can literally live, breathe and eat football.”

Monumental isn't the only UK developer hoping to meld online communities and football - Championship Manager and Football Manager creator Sports Interactive announced it would be taking its management game online with Football Manager Live.

source - Link.
official website - Link

hmm i like it sounds good going your player and finding out how far you can make it. could start up an fm base side :p

Hmmm sounds interesting. I've registered for a chance to take part in the beta so hopefully I can get a better look at this game.

Yeh I registered too. From what I've heard untill the userbase gets large enough it's going to be free to play and after that it will be £5 per month.

good price im paying £8 for wow

Well the £8 for WoW seems worth it, everytime i look on xfire you're playing it. :p

It's amazing i was not sure how i would take to it but im loving it.

Eesh Kris I never knew you were such a geek ;)

Can't believe you've been sold on WoW, pay the extra £2 a month and come play EVE-Online with meee.

EVE's quite good, was watching someone play it for a few hours the other week.

Depends what you do in EVE though, I'm what's known as a pirate in EVE(I attack ships in low security space and ransom them for half the market value of said ship). You can do other things to make money but this is the most fun for me.

There is quite a few proffesions to follow which are pirate, trader, manufacturer, miner, mission runer, bounty hunter(Basically anti-pirates, the dudes I need to keep away from). PVP is by far the best fun to be had in the game, fights can range from 1v1 to full blown fleet battles of 100's v 100's. 4v1 is always a good way of an easy ransom(or easy kill if they don't want to pay), the risk/reward in this game is perfection for me.

I don't like WoW kind of games and not because they aren't fun, fantasy games attract a lot of kids that like to smack talk and I'd rather avoid it. Yeah they exist in EVE, but they are not as common. In EVE I also don't need to play it for hours to learn a skill, skills learn in real time and carry on while you're logged off which is great for me because I can't play games for marathon hours, it becomes tedious.

Look out Sports Interactive, Monumental is kicking about on your turf with a new football MMO.
Football SuperStars takes 3D soccer games like FIFA and PES into the online world, offering players the chance to meet up in a virtual world, create a footballer and train them in a variety of different size matches and tournaments.

Development of the game is being handled at Nottingham-based Monumental, while the game is being published out by new online games company CyberSports.

Rik Alexander, CEO of Monumental Games, commented: “Football SuperStars will capture both the magic of the beautiful game on the pitch and also to bring football lifestyle elements like fame, fortune and glory to the table. Football already has great communities and fan bases and we’re hoping to capture that passion and bring it together in a virtual world where players can literally live, breathe and eat football.”

Monumental isn't the only UK developer hoping to meld online communities and football - Championship Manager and Football Manager creator Sports Interactive announced it would be taking its management game online with Football Manager Live.

source - Link.
official website - Link

I came across this website and remembered it being mentioned on here ages back. If you sign up to the site you get a chance of being a beta tester for the game. If anyone fancies it please click this link

http://www.footballsuperstars.com/survey_test.php?referrer_link=http://newsletter.footballsuperstars.com/phase2/survey1/survey.htm?CID=agdkla&ref=195252343&mid=20126&to_email=&to_name=

I cant wait to try this, it's looking really interesting.

Any idea how long until the beta?

I was in a lecture and they were sat infront of me playing it.

ill let you off then :D

i played wow when the 10 day free trialand i thought it was awful

I played 10 mins of the free trial and got bored :D

Anyway back on topic.