Tyke19

Reaction score
How do i get Morale high? I think it's probably the most inportant thing after getting tactics right..

Even when i've won competitions etc i've never really had it at the highest.. anyone help me out?

Cheers

Besides winning? Private chat's your best friend IMO.

Every game I pick at least 3 players who performed well and tell them. Match Performance -> Last Game -> Excellent finishing/passing/defending, whatever.
Others get a talk about their Recent Form. Last 5 games above 7.5? Dramatically improved. Above 7.0? Improved form.
But rotate the players you pick, they might get annoyed by your talks otherwise.

At the start/mid/end of the season I do a team meeting but those can get tricky sometimes. Don't bother if there's one or two players not improving or slightly decreasing their morale if the team as a whole reacted well.

Everything Teiwaz said is correct and there are also a few other ways to increase morale through private chat :

Believe it or not, criticising a player's form when it's under about 6.9

And also, this would be considered by many as taking advantage, but aslong as you dont repeat it too often, telling a player he hasn't been training well enough will always increase his morale.

And also, this would be considered by many as taking advantage, but aslong as you dont repeat it too often, telling a player he hasn't been training well enough will always increase his morale.

Ah, that I forgot. I do this too. Every month I check the development progress of every player (yes, EVERY single player, even amateurs and U19) and tell them to get their stuff together if there's none or worse progress.

Also there's a line under Development something around the likes of "you improved your training level, keep it up" - not quite sure when this is available (probably after telling them to get their level up ;) but haven't seen it consistantly enough), but I think there's not a single chat line in the game that has negative outcome and isn't always available :)