gerykhkc

Reaction score
Is it hard to bring the player back from 'very poor' morale???
in my game.. barca's manager get sacked and i add another player to manage Barcelona... who know.. f**king hard!!

i eventually sacked..sigh...

i managed Barcelona for 245 days.. lol

Pld W D L For Ag
23 6 7 11 30 41

But, after that i get a job at conventry... i manage to bring them to 3rd place.. with 6 matches remaining from 18 place with the same tactic as Barcelona. I cant matches in Barcelona.
http://www.geocities.com/geryk_kc19/conventry.JPG

so, how do morale count??

Youve gotta win games with your players playing at their best. Then praise them up personally in your team talks, and even in the press if they deserve it. Check that they are happy with their training schedules too.

Morale can be very easily changed. It changes from half-to-half. So basically if your players have a good second half then their morales will shoot right up.

But obviously check the training like Boozad says as if they arn't happy with training then they will have poor morale no matter what.

Also check a players personall details. He may dislike another teammate, be homesick or even want a new contract. He may even dislike you.......

No-one dislikes me! :D I'm always added to players favoured personnal :)

I was on my old game but now they have no respect for me at all! Still win games for me tho so cant complain.

only win game can boost your team morale , if your schedule allow , do arrange a easy friendly match for your team even during mid season . If you manage to big win , i'm sure that your team morale will boost right away. :)

jasson said:
if your schedule allow , do arrange a easy friendly match for your team even during mid season . If you manage to big win , i'm sure that your team morale will boost right away. :)

This sound about right. Agree completly, not the ONLY way to boost morale though , but the quickest, just make sure not to take the game too easy, if you lose the morale will be ever lower, maybe play your u20's.

Morale can be very annoying. Every time near the end of the season with my Boavista team, they'd start to play like ridiculous idiots and lose easy games and have terrible morale, so they'd also **** up the next match. Maybe it's just because the players are tired or something, I'll look into some stuff on training schedules later, for what I do mostly seems to lose its effect at the end of a season.
I once ****** up a whole game in FM2005 by always disciplining my annoying idiot players for playing like a bunch of retards, while they had great stats. That's still remains too annoying for me, but then, that was back in the day when I broke keyboards and the like. So back then they all hated me, now they love me, and what seems to work especially well, is to dog on a player in the media about his terrible performances, they mostly love you afterwards, and say you're right and all.

Halftime morale talks will only help within the match, almost always Encourage them at halftime unless their all getting 9 or 10s. It's the after game talk that their morale stays at, unless you can pick it up for them, don't put it down if its already very good or above that for goodness sake, Even if you lost and their morale is superb, Symphatise rather than yell at them. (none) or not saying anything, is very often reacted to negatively.

If my Barca team draw I say dissapointed, If they lose I say angry. :D

Also I tell them that I am dissapointed at half-time. Unless they are up 5-0 etc...

Sean said:

Also I tell them that I am dissapointed at half-time. Unless they are up 5-0 etc...

That's some harsh coaching. And the team loves you?! Crazy those Barca boys!

Sean said:

Sean An EviL ~ :p Mostly I Will Encourage My player During Half Time , Unless Special Case Happen.

Aphrika said:
That's some harsh coaching. And the team loves you?! Crazy those Barca boys!

30 trophies in 6 seasons shows that it's working :cool:

i managed about 35 trophies in 7 seasons with Barca but i didnt whip them into shape i gave them the friendly approach with encouraement at half time and sympathing with them if we draw i would tell you what i did when we lose but it happens so rarely i cant remeber

I'll praise my players if they're winning, and blow up at them if they're losing. Normally seems to work with praise at full-time making sure the morale stays ok. Im a really bad loser, makes me smoke way too much!

How to approach your team seems to depend on WHO your team are, and how professional they are at their trade. Obviously your EPL and Primera league teams are all going to response in a professional manner as long as your comments match the result. (as shown by the different approach to Barcelona in the last few posts). Anyone played in any lower divisions or other countries and
knows how to approach Non-professional/part-timers who might response to any negativity with a hissy-fit.?

To be honest I think the part timers / semi-pros would react better as they dont have the over inflated egos the 'stars' come along with these days. And they're gonna be more willing to play better for their £200 a week, as they couldnt afford to lose their place in the team.

nice through.. i am happy with conventry now... last match left..
3rd place. and need a win and a lose for the 2nd place team to secure automatic promotion.