More Variety in International Competition Hosts

Mpejkrm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's programmed to have a select number of nations available to host international events? I just downloaded a save in 2064 and the Africa Cup of Nations, which happens every other year, was hosted at just FOUR different countries - Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, and Algeria. At least the World Cup had some variance with no repeat hosts.

If so, does anyone know of some mod/add-on that allows more countries to be chosen hosts or even candidates? Or even something that allows voting for hosts? If not, maybe add that for FM15?

Does anyone know if it's programmed to have a select number of nations available to host international events? I just downloaded a save in 2064 and the Africa Cup of Nations, which happens every other year, was hosted at just FOUR different countries - Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, and Algeria. At least the World Cup had some variance with no repeat hosts.

If so, does anyone know of some mod/add-on that allows more countries to be chosen hosts or even candidates? Or even something that allows voting for hosts? If not, maybe add that for FM15?

I think it depends on the quality of the stadiums/level of football in these countries. Maybe that's why there aren't more than 4/5 hosts for the Cup of Nations.

I hope FM15 gives us the option to bid to host major club/country competitions. The Africa Cup Of Nations is sadly rotated between a few nations each time. Its been a problem even in previous years and lacks realism

I hope FM15 gives us the option to bid to host major club/country competitions. The Africa Cup Of Nations is sadly rotated between a few nations each time. Its been a problem even in previous years and lacks realism

Why would a manager do that? Maybe if we were a more famous manager (few years into the future), we could be asked to support a bid for the competition....like Sir Alex being asked to support a Scottish bid for the Euros.

While I do agree with wr1097, I believe you should recommend the board to place a bid and talk about financial gains yada yada yada.

Why would a manager do that? Maybe if we were a more famous manager (few years into the future), we could be asked to support a bid for the competition....like Sir Alex being asked to support a Scottish bid for the Euros.

At club level as manager i would like to ask my board to bid to host a CL Final. At international level i would like to ask the FA to bid to host the EURO or WORLD CUP. What is wrong with that? It happens in real life. Manager also have influence on how new stadia is built. Of course you would have to be popular with that team/nation for such as request to be considered. What is your point?

At club level as manager i would like to ask my board to bid to host a CL Final. At international level i would like to ask the FA to bid to host the EURO or WORLD CUP. What is wrong with that? It happens in real life. Manager also have influence on how new stadia is built. Of course you would have to be popular with that team/nation for such as request to be considered. What is your point?

My point is if we are trying to mirror real life, the manager himself must not put in a request...it has to be the unanimous decision of all board members - but I suppose if we can request for new stadiums, we can have this as well.

But at international level, I don't think it's up to the manager because the FA takes care of all administrative issues.