Mortal Kombat: Legacy (Rebirth Based Web Series)

Cal.

≡
Reaction score
The Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series started recently. This was the result of Kevin Tancharoen's Mortal Kombat: Rebirth concept/pilot for a film, which Warner Bros decided to turn into a web series to release alongside the latest Mortal Kombat game.

It's basically a 10 part live action web series of an alternate take on the Mortal Kombat characters and their stories, basing them in a more 'real' world with more feasible explanations for their various traits, i.e. doubt we'll be seeing deities, the Outworld and the Netherrealm, but still keeping the style dark and gory.

For 'Mature' audiences (17+ by American classification)

Trailer:

[video=youtube;ov63lTUvNok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov63lTUvNok[/video]

The series itself: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Playlist (remember to up the quality to 720p or 1080p)

A new episode is released each Tuesday, those of you with patience might want to wait another 8 weeks until all 10 episodes are out and watch them back to back.

Seems decent so far, although roughly 10 minutes per episode is far too short in my opinion, especially when over a minute of episode 2, which is 9 minutes long, is a recap of the first episode...

Seems like a bit of a waste, surely out of all the hype the concept/pilot video generated deserved something more than this.

Seems like a bit of a waste, surely out of all the hype the concept/pilot video generated deserved something more than this.

It would have been far better if they had got a proper film out of it, but I suspect given the way the first episode links straight into they second it's going to basically be a 1h30ish film split into 10 pieces with stupid recaps thrown in at the start of each episode.

Looks good, but deserved more. Why couldn't it be made as a film? Origin stories have been successful for other similar franchises (eg x-men), and it's just a shame that this is almost a quick, shortened version. Seemed to have more potential than this, although I will watch all the others (in succession when they are all released)

I have to agree, disappointed to say the least. The game looks decent though, from what I have played of the demo.