Most annoying injuries thread :)

dstar2010

Reaction score
Searched around the forum and didn't find anything for FM 11 about this so hopefully it won't be closed. Just wondered what the worst, longest or most annoying injury you have ever had on FM was, maybe before an important match?, best player out for the season?

In my case i was 10 points clear with Man United and the day after the January window shut both Rooney and Vidic picked up long term injuries in successive days needless to say i was pretty ******. :mad:

Anyways post them here and take comfort in the fact it isn't just you whose game has been ruined by ridiculous injuries :)

i signed sharbel touma for swindon, was chuffed. Half way through his first game he went off injured. He had a virus and was out for 13 months.

in third season with liverpool torres been out long term each season with fractured skull 5 months , broken leg 4 months and broken foot 4 months i have also had sami khedira get his leg broken and dirk kuyt has to be a bug in the game i think , still managed 2 league titles in the 3 year span.

Rooney, out with a virus for eight to ten days. Missed an important match.

****** off, but we won.

Calf injury, my 4 best players were out with 3 months with a ****** calf injury, all in the same week too. Then my goalkeeper was out for 6 weeks with a broken finger!

Had Torres in my team for about 4 years, he was injured 2 of them..

My star striker being injured for 3 months, him coming back to training and getting injured for another 3 months for exactly the same thing. Missed most of the season but was conviniently available to play for his country in the summer. The striker in question was Fernando Torres for Liverpool when FM first came out.

van persie injured, couldnt score in the champions league semi final... lost 1 - 0

I signed a top class regen for 10mil.. Aaron Lennon broke his leg in his first match, out for 6 months, little ****!

Signed Maynor Figueroa for West Ham, has a good debut getting a rating of 8.00 in the first half, 2 minutes into the second half and he goes down and needs to be taken off.

Ends up he broke the lower part of his leg and was out for 18 months. :(

I had my two star midfielders out for 6 months at exactly the same time. They'd been playing amazingly, bossing the midfield, dominating matches and then one match the first one(who was also my captain) got a broken leg. Mid-week in a cup match, the second one tore some ligaments I think.

After that happened we lost our unbeaten record and went on an 8-game losing streak. Eventually managed to get a replacement in on a free.

As newcastle, i was over the moon when i signed Luis Suarez from Ajax on a free, but he got injured in his first game (which was a friendly), was out for 3 months, but thats not the worst part, he just gets back from injury, and instead of getting a game for me, he gets an international call up, then gets injured for another 2 months XD

Playing as Spurs and I lost Andy Carrol for a three week injury. Wouldn't normaly be a big deal, but he missed out on the FA cup final as well as the Champions league final. Both of which I ended up losing. Then conveniently he returns to full training the day after the champions league final.

I sign Pastore to Aston Villa for $50M. In a friendly he tears his groin and is out 3 months.

In my notts county save at the start of my second season I signed both Pablo Counago and Nikola Saric on a free to bolster my front line. Without making their debuts they're both out for three months.

my 4 first team players got broken leg in september. has to be a bug

first game of the season vs wolves...losing my only good player gerrard.

On my cardiff file craig bellamy got knee tendonitis and was out for 10 months :S

Signed Javier Pastore, played his first match and was injured a couple minutes before the end of the match. Out for 8 f**king months.