danichese

Reaction score
Just a thought, is there a tactic, you usely find yourself using everytime you start with a team?
for me it has to be a 4-2-3-1, with both the midfielders as ballwinning midfielders, one on support, other on defence, 2 wing inside forwards and a centre playmaker all on a attack and either a deep lying forward, or if im lucky a complete forward on support.
thats the one i am always succesful with, oh and a rigid philosphy if its a new team im bring to gether, and then a fluid philosphy once they have 'an excellent understanding'

I tend to go with what the ***. man says the best formation is. For example; Airdrie's best is a 4-4-2, so I've varied it to a 4-4-1-1 and it's working thus far. And so on.

Generally, I've been most successful with a 4-2-3-1 with 3 attacking mids. It always seems to work against many teams that I face.

at the mo, i have taken over at athetico madrid, who are now a bottom ten team, yet they stil have aguero :D, i have a defensive 4-3-3 tactic, and use counter alot

tend to vary between a 442 (very original) and a 4-5-1 with two high placed wingers and a defensive midifelder for big games. tends to work well the 451 is awesome but need to keep my stikers happy so thats why teh 442 is so often used

I normally go with an attacking 4 4 2 where i push my wide men in to wingers and it is called a 4 2 4 in the game. I normally have 1 ball winning mid on defense and the other a deep lying or advanced playmaker on support. The wingers are normally wingers (funnily enough) but can work as inside forwards. And the men up top play as they can best.

4-5-1, with a holding DM. Available HERE
97o9wj.jpg

I did originally use 4-5-1 but now I changed to a 3-4-1-2/3-2-3-2. Which Germany used in the 80's and 90's :D :p

4231 is immensely versatile, i can play any players in most of the positions and i can change the positions to suit a player as well.

But the 4-3-3 with wingers is no doubt the most fluent attacking tactic ive come across.

Same as I use except instead of wingers I use 3 strikers and my DM is an anchor man.
Has worked well for me now through several saves and numerous teams from low leagues to champions league.

I don't use other people's tactics, but make my own and they evolve a lot through the season, started off with my usual 4-2-4 with inside forward AMs, then took a CM back to DM, and now it's similar to the 4-5-1 in this thread, but with 2 DMs and a CM.

if i have no good wingers i use this, which works wonders almost without fail:

GK
RB CB CB LB
DM
CM CM

ST ST ST