Most effective way of scouting regens

goonerotis

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to FM in general and have started playing 14. It's approaching March and I was wondering whats the most effective way of finding and scouting regens? Would love to get you guys help, thanks! Im Arsenal by the way so costs shouldn't be an issue

Well, the most obvious of the advices would be having a roaming scout looking for young talent in each of the big footballing nations. A sneaker way is checking the player ratings for the youth players in some of these teams. Chance is, the best players will have the highest average ratings. Problem with this method is that by the time they play 6-7 games so that you can get a good idea of their performance someone like Porto, Milan or Barca might poach them. Which brings me to the third, sneakiest option: check the transfer window of the worst poaching offenders every week or so. I stole a few talents right from the desperate claws of said clubs with Manchester United a few times, when they were already negotiating with the player.

Copied my answer from another thread much the same.

Easiest and laziest way short of straight up cheating is to get as many scouts as you can then wait for a regen day. Once said regen day is around go to the world youth intake, select said month and country highlight and get scout report.
You'll need a lot of scouts because you'll be getting through a few hundred players at a time.

The best way though is to manually look at each one, offer a contract to any that initially look decent and then wait for the scout report to come in before you decide to cancel or complete the deal.