Most expensive player you've bought......Who's a flop

mitchLFC

Reaction score
Mine is Javier Pastore with Liverpool- 36 aps 2 goals 4 assists:Oand Still got 24mil for him

Paulo Henrique (Santos) for Real Madrid. 31 apps 1 goal 2 assists . Haven't sold him yet though.

I have never spent a **** load of money on one player... I did buy Milos Krasic - Juventus for my Man Utd side, he played averagely for the 1st 15 games and thought, **** he is going to be a huge flop but then was the best player I have ever bought... payed 18.5 million 3rd season for him...

for my Villareal game I got Thiago (Barca, but went to Deportivo) for 12 million, he was playing very well so was Verane (12 million) both over 7.2's average rating and Verane scored several goals in his 1st 15 games or so...

I am trying to think if I have had a flop of a player, but I cannot recall it, I am just patient with players, giving them time to adjust, settle etc, get used the league, so if I pay 10million for a striker and he only manages to score 8 goals in 20 games, thats pretty normal in my books in comparison to real life (Strikers in Fm dont always have to score a goal a game or more)

G. Rossi i payed 25 mil for him to get him to tottenham had him for 2 season, played him all the time missed one on one clear cuts all the time and didnt manage 20 a season so i sold him for 15. However i would put this down to my formation as i had him up top on his own, but still a flop.

My biggest spend must be £86 million for a regen call cristo valdo. It was about 2020. I was man utd. With many trophies and titles under my belt, tending towards bagain youngsters, I decided to splash my entire transfer budget (and then some) on a regen. He was 21 yrs old from Portugal. Absolutely incredible stats. Looked like double the player of David Villa. I got him. Played 2 seasons, scored about 5 goals each season as a striker. Mega flop and united now skint, lol. Needless to say I still have him on that save but don't really play that save anymore.

Jay Boothroyd - when i was at Sunderland 6 mill . never scored a single goal!!! not even in friendlies!!

Signed Sergio Aguero for £39.5million for Spurs, he scored 19 goals in all competitions in around 40 games, so sold him to Barcelona a year later for £46million.

He then becomes amazing for them of course.

I paid £15m for Douglas Costa and just couldn't get a decent performance out of him. Admittedly I didn't play him very often. Sold him the next year to Middlesbrough for £13.5m.

Ive never had any flops, kinda like what Raikan said, 9 or 10 goals in 35 games is fine to me,
BUT
I have a big problem with paying too much, I like it :l Palermo had put a 25m price tag on pastore, but I thought that was boringly low, so I splashed out 45m for him, just for lols.
Same with Hernandez, 20m price tag... Screw that (Offers 50m) :D:D

Kevin Gameiro
8 league goals in 2 seasons
All for the cost of 15m euros with Napoli

I have never spent a **** load of money on one player... I did buy Milos Krasic - Juventus for my Man Utd side, he played averagely for the 1st 15 games and thought, **** he is going to be a huge flop but then was the best player I have ever bought... payed 18.5 million 3rd season for him...

for my Villareal game I got Thiago (Barca, but went to Deportivo) for 12 million, he was playing very well so was Verane (12 million) both over 7.2's average rating and Verane scored several goals in his 1st 15 games or so...

I am trying to think if I have had a flop of a player, but I cannot recall it, I am just patient with players, giving them time to adjust, settle etc, get used the league, so if I pay 10million for a striker and he only manages to score 8 goals in 20 games, thats pretty normal in my books in comparison to real life (Strikers in Fm dont always have to score a goal a game or more)

I do the same, my first season with W.B.A I bought few young players and they were both getting experience and adjusting (Kadlec, Tolói, Cairney, Henriksen, just few teenagers) and I was always between 10-16th place, Kadlec only had about 5-6 goals, in January it started clicking and Kadlec got the EPL Golden Boot and all the players started playing really well and had developed understanding, who doesn't love seeing a defender (Tolói) get the ball quickly from a defender and make a 40 yard pass to a forwards run (Kadlec) and score a goal? (I finished in 5th place)

My teams usually have an average age of 21-24 with high determination and few experienced players tutoring them and my team won EPL two times in a row, sold Kadlec 2 or 3 seasons later for 20m because I had Cavani that scored 58 goals in 55(1) matches and I play with one striker, if you buy a player that isn't world class you shouldn't expect an immediate impact from that player.

But my only flop signing is Marc Muniesa (2m), the reason for the flop is because I had better defenders than him and they were also younger and I also had better prospects than him. He played 5 league games in 2 seasons with an average rating of 7.26, I sold him for 1.5m.

Last edited:
David Silva for At. Madrid (as creative MC). It was an 18.75M bargain, but i felt a return of 6 gl and 10 assists in 44 games (2 seasons) doesnt seem good. I cant sell him as wages are too high(250000 euros/week) , so I keep him around basically only as a tutor.

Also, Giuseppe Rossi for Juventus. He is a magnificent player, but don't play him up front alone. Paid 35 mill and only got 5 gl and 1 assist first season. 2nd season was better, but unremarkable. 13 goal 3 assist.

Strictly in 2011, it would be John Bostock. 7.75 Mil US from Tottenham for my SC Lisbon side. Only 19 years old only played half a season before quitting on that save but he was unremarkable. Other then that only LLM so nothing over the odd 6K signing here or there.

the 'Incredible' Hulk. Honestly, not hating

Bruno Cesar for 9.5m. All the makes of a tremendous inside forward in the AMR slot but other than a 40-yard game-winning wondergoal against Milan in the champions league quarterfinals, he's been pretty much underwhelming.

Gervinho - 20m with lyon
in my second season in jan i bought him for 20m
in 20 games he scored 2 goals had 1 assist and averaged a 6.9 rating
also when he arrived eden hazard who previously scored 11 goals in 15 games stopped scoring

cant wait for Gervinho to be sold, started last night with Le Mans (Ligue 2) 0 transfer budget :) having a blast so far, fun team! I get 20% of his next transfer and 20% of Coutedour's :) City normally pay like 28million for Gervinho in the 2nd season :) heres holding thumbs :)

cant wait for Gervinho to be sold, started last night with Le Mans (Ligue 2) 0 transfer budget :) having a blast so far, fun team! I get 20% of his next transfer and 20% of Coutedour's :) City normally pay like 28million for Gervinho in the 2nd season :) heres holding thumbs :)
I usually end up buying a lot of Le Mans good youth players at my bigger saves and scoop up their poor youth players in my LLM saves. I usually alwasy have a Le Mans player on the roster.

Pastore, I paid £10.5m for him and even though that's generally cheap he's a flop. In a season he gets only about 7 goals and 15 assists. I know that's decent but I had arshavin who was averaging 20 goals and 20 assists a season. Now I lost arshavin as I favoured Pastore and lost everything!

Last time on my Bayern save, I bought Darren Bent for 20mil since Olic, Muller and Gomez weren't firing at all, so I looked at the BPL league table, Villa was 9 points clear top of table with Bent scoring around 25 goals in 15-20 matches. He scored 2 in 20 games. Worst buy of of all time for me.