Motivation!Help!

Ivo Qucik

Reaction score
I was complaining about my frustration from building up team and picking up tactics which being an avanced manager games user in the past and a veteran football fan fenraged me.So finally after another month on non stop playing i managed to get insight the game and pick some good ways to oppose the ai.And now i found myself against a new problem-having sprung some tactical surprises and gained success mid-season i find myself with a lot of players that just can't be motivated.The only advise that i find is that i should play down my team's chances , but when playing vs bigger team there is no advise. So i had a very good start in Uruguayian league(good players in each team and don't cost much by the way) while i found that at least one of my players-the STAR players is getting complacent no matter how big the opposition is.The only way of avoiding this is telling the player(if i guess the one giving me problem) that i expect a performance from him, but than they start complaining that i have too big expectations for them????And finally having played for 3 years with Croatian Zagreb and finally winning the league i have the same problem-some of the player are getting complacent every time.the most shocking was when i several minutes ago played in the preliminary ECC with Red Bull and was heavily defeated.The game started with 2 of the better players "complacent" than i got a stupid goal throwout collective mistake in the defense after which i had another 2 "complacent" and one" mistake led to goal"????I didn't believe my eye, i checked player attributes again to re-assure what i already knew.All the "complacent" players had determination of 12 and above?What do you think of this pals, any comments
, any advise?

i often find a new contract helps motivate a player. however its a short term fix, and its effects will wear off within few weeks. in those few weeks concentrate on trying to get a run of resukts together. rarely is a winning side unhappy or unmotivated

i often find a new contract helps motivate a player. however its a short term fix, and its effects will wear off within few weeks. in those few weeks concentrate on trying to get a run of resukts together. rarely is a winning side unhappy or unmotivated
I know that winning is the best way to keep morale high but it's just not the low morale.The players i told you of vary from good do superb morale but non have lesser and still they get complacent.I believe it is an over-confidence issue but just can't get an idea of how i can stop it especialy during match time.Players get rating of 6,56 so if i criticize the at half-time they get angered and yet appear to be complacent.

if they are compalcent constantly then drop them, especially after a poor or average run of results.

bring in some younger, hungrier players, looking to establish themselves in the team.

if the guys who were complacent really want to paly for you they will sonn start asking why they arent first team reeualrs, stick them back in the time when they ask. if performances improve then praise them.

if you really cant get it to work then it may to time to sell them

if they are compalcent constantly then drop them, especially after a poor or average run of results.

bring in some younger, hungrier players, looking to establish themselves in the team.

if the guys who were complacent really want to paly for you they will sonn start asking why they arent first team reeualrs, stick them back in the time when they ask. if performances improve then praise them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

aside from my awful spelling lol

I had some similar issues with Dzeko in an Arsenal save. First few games he was excellent, scored 3 or 4 goals then in the next game he scored two then one and then 0 and had a rating below 6. i then gave him an official warning he accepted and replied by scoring 4 in the next game and then his performances went down again until I gave him another warning.

seems a bit harsh. youve hardly even given him time to settle. i sometimes give foreign players a whole season to adapt before even considering criticsing performance or warnings.

Yeah, but as I said i use lower reputation teams at lower reputation leagues so it's hard to find replacement if they say they want to lieve.further to this my subs are quite not the same level as the first team.It ,akes ,e wonder if it is possible to acheive big succes with a small team in this game?Cause wining champions cup with Man Utd-come on pals, that's already done many times.

My whole ****** team is a bunch of stuckup idiots. Just lost 3-0 to Ipswich in the FA Cup.