handbreak

Reaction score
I'm playing as a couch of united and my team has a lot of matches won and we're on the top of the league, but sometimes, mainly againts low team, they play terrible, every pass is fail, every goal chance is burnt ... But in other matches they play like really good, for example rooney scores in every chance, but at once he can't score any one of 5 one on one chances. And it's the same for everyone... If I tell in press conference that we aren't favourite, it didn't hype them up and they get angry, and If I tell that they are favourite and speak highly about them, it is same too ....
How are you dealing with it?

I always say "i expect a win" vs bad teams,then if team isnt playing good ANGRY AND RAGE

fine them everytime they play bad and speak with them.

Well, what should I do when the *** manager tells me that my players find it hard to motivate themselves with captain like Vidic (for example)... Should I change him or what?

Yea...warn them that you will place'em on the transfer list,warn them or send them to the reserve squad if they play bad.It may work...

Fine the **** out of them , it works for my PSG save , when everything money hurst em .

If your players are not motivated by your Captain, his Influence is too low. In which case there is only one solution: change captain. Vidic has an Influence of 12 or 13 at the start of the game, so is never going to be a great captain. When I took over United I made Ferdinand the captain, despite him being injured at the time, his influence is 17. Giggs, Rooney and Fletch also have decent influence. Fletcher is a fair choice of those three, and his influence will go up later too (or did in my game at least). A robust defender or otherwise dependable player you will be likely playing in almost every game you can is the best choice of captain.
It's best not to change captains mid season, do it at the start. When I took the captaincy from Vidic he wasn't happy at all but after some stern words and the threat of time in reserves he came around. I also made sure I was already at the point where he "felt he had a good relationship with me" BEFORE i demoted him, which you can do be praising good player or getting him to tutor someone.

For general Motivational issues, make sure you have a squad with decent Determination and keep morale high. Be demanding against "easier" teams. You EXPECT a win and, if they are not leading at half time, be disappointed or even angry. Single out players at HT in the team talk if they're playing poorly and have words after the game in private chat. Oddly, if you tell a player he was **** and must do better, they almost always respect you for it and say they'll do better next time. That said, you should be more forgiving for newer or younger players, be encouraging instead. Tell them you "have faith in thier ability."

hmm seems like good advice i will heed it for my milan save

Well, what should I do when the *** manager tells me that my players find it hard to motivate themselves with captain like Vidic (for example)... Should I change him or what?

You don't want a captain who finds it hard to motivate themselves, otherweise they'll hve bigger problems motivating others!

Not only should you say 'expect a win' to your team, but if you do press conferences, always doubt that your team will beat the opposition that you're playing, ONLY if the opposition is really weak and should easily be beaten. This way your players should be dertmined to prove you wrong

I go on motivation and morale. High morale and playing confident/ complacent but not really maxing their limit, I say disappointed n sit

Low morale or 'playing without confidence' give them a wee boost in their ability by saying you have faith. If youre expected to win and everyones high morale and stuff always expect a win, anger works