FM Pro

Reaction score
MOURINHO 2004.

View attachment 298939

Based on what I've read and what i saw of Mourinho's tactics during the 04-06 Chelsea season, I've re-created his tactic in which he won the league and conceded only 15 goals.

I'm currently testing it in my game save with Chester.

Need testers.

Last edited:
I don't get what your going on about...

With Chelsea, there was 1 DM and 2 MC's hence the 4-3-3. Lampard pushed up all the time, but played MC.

I don't get what your going on about...

With Chelsea, there was 1 DM and 2 MC's hence the 4-3-3. Lampard pushed up all the time, but played MC.

He played behind Drogba and that's where I've put him.

Hi mate, I think it looks good. i have always felt that lampard was a more advanced midefielder back then as well. I would be interested in giving it a try please mate if you could send it to me?
MOURINHO 2004.

View attachment 298939

Based on what I've read and what i saw of Mourinho's tactics during the 04-06 Chelsea season, I've re-created his tactic in which he won the league and conceded only 15 goals.

I'm currently testing it in my game save with Chester.

If people are interested in this tactic then leave a message.

only problem i can see here is your will be overrun in midfield and you CM may aswel not be there... how ever i you take the CM out and out him as striker and pull the 2 wide men into ML/MR then i think you could be onto something

There was never the attacking midfielder. It was very much a DMC-MCL-MCR in central midfield. Lampard has always been a box-to-box midfielder, but naturally has impeccable timing of his runs, and is simply in the right place at the right time.

It should be a 4-1-2-2-1 with Lampard's old role as an advanced playmaker (attack), but set 'Run from deep' to often, and 'Long shots' to sometimes.

Ancelotti tried 4-1-2-1-2 with Chelsea at first, with Lampard behind the strikers. Lampard failed in that role, Ancelotti went back to 4-3-3/4-5-1, Lampard then finished the season with 27 goals and Chelsea did the double. He run's from deep. His runs take him from CM to AM/ST, but he has always started from CM at Chelsea.

Last edited:
umm the wingers were inside forwards.. lampard was mc adv. playmaker with lot of running.. there wasn't anchorman but dlp like obi mikel or dm like makelele...