*mourinho's legendary 4231*12.2.2*cl and copa win with betis in 3rd season*

elmagico89

Reaction score
Here we go with my FM12.2.2 tweak of my legendary "mou's counter attacking 4231" tactic from FM11.

I have done very small tweaks, which had a great impact on the results.

The tactic is still the same style as in FM11, very quick, direct counter attacking style of football with a very solid defence.
It is based on the modern interpretation of "counter attacking" football, in which we have a high d-line, trying to close down the opposition very early, forcing them to errors or useless long balls and breaking very quickly without losing our shape.
That's the reason, why I call it a "counter attacking" strategy, even though in the game "counter" is ticked off.
Just because it's a more direct style of football, it doesn't mean, that you won't have a lot of possession.
Statistically, considering your strength, I usually dominate 70%-80% of the games in terms of possession aswell.
But those, who follow me since last year, know that I don't really take care of possession, since it's not my favourite style, as I am much more a "Mourinho fanboy" :D.

First of all, my legendary team, which I won the "spanish cup and champions league" with:
View attachment 242527
I must also admit, that with the original FM11 version, I finished the first two seasons 4th.

My achievements in the third season:
League
View attachment 242528
The results could have been much better, when I just had finished the final tweaks a bit earlier...

Copa
View attachment 242529

Champions League
View attachment 242530

My fixture 2013/14:
View attachment 242531View attachment 242532View attachment 242533
this yellow marking shows the results with the latest tweaks.
Pls don't be focused on the results of the last 4-5 league games, as I holidayed those, since I couldn't win the league anymore and the scnd place wasn't in danger!

Some great results:
View attachment 242534View attachment 242535View attachment 242536View attachment 242537

Some more screenshots (player stats and so on...):
View attachment 242520View attachment 242521View attachment 242522View attachment 242523View attachment 242524View attachment 242525

Information about the tactic:

Player requirements

GK: nothing special
CB: bravery, anticipation, marking, tackling, positioning, jumping, pace, decision
FB: bravery, positioning, tackling, marking, pace, stamina, (attacking attributes just a bonus)
DM: bravery, positioning, marking, tackling, passing, anticipation, stamina, decisions, (right DM a bit more creative and the better passer)
Make sure, that none of your DMC's has the ppm "runs forward whenever possible"!
Winger: definately inverted wingers (right footed on the left side and left footy on the right), creativity, flair, pace, teamwork, work rate, finishing, off the ball, composure, passing, anticipation, decision
AMC: pace, flair, creativity, anticipation, off the ball, finishing, composure, passing, decision, teamwork, work rate
CF: pace, off the ball, flair, creativity, finishing, composure, decision, anticipation, dribbling
Make sure, that none of your strikers has the ppm "plays with back to goal"!

Set Pieces: Almost the original default settings, just did a very few tweaks in order to not get caught on the counter.
Left DM is considered as a tall midfielder, therefore I want him to go forward, but you can adapt this, considering which player you play there.
Also make sure, that throw-ins are taken by your wingers!

Match prep: "Very high teamwork" until the season starts (usually 4-5 days before your 1st official match) then change to "low attacking movement" for the rest of the season!

Team talks: It's very important, that you get a good assistant manager with high man management, motivation, discipline and determination attributes.
I always let him do the work, except when he recommends something like "There doesn't need to be said anything specifically" in the end of some matches, then I usually take the "I am happy about the victory" in a calm tone.

Link:
File-Upload.net - mou-s4231.tac
mou's4231.tac download - 2shared

Last edited:
You have created a duplicate account. Why ?
Which one do you want removed ?

your original for fm11 was my favourite - hope this can reach the same heights

How guttin would arsenal fans be beat bayern real and barca then losing in final to betis lol going to give this a try

I will try it too, lets see how it goes ._.

Just started a new save with Newcastle, going to try this tactic for the whole season. "I'll be back" :)

Just started a new save with Newcastle, going to try this tactic for the whole season. "I'll be back" :)

thx mate.
dont forget to sign a very good assistant manager, who you can trust in terms of team talks.
only use your own team talks, when your assistant recommends something like "I have nothing specifically to say and so on..." as with this option, the players often react very negatively. chose instead the " I am glad..." option in a calm tone!

so, anyone tested it so far?
finished my first season with AC Milan and am going to upload some screenshots later...

tested it with villarreal for a while and proved to be quite successful especially once moved into the second season where I think reputation of the team/players had increased...

tested it with villarreal for a while and proved to be quite successful especially once moved into the second season where I think reputation of the team/players had increased...
quite normal, since players gel much better and also adapt to the team talks of your ***. manager and so on...
could you maybe upload some screenshots?

ELMAGICO - glad to see you back!!

what ppm's do you recommend for the players? same has last year etc?

ELMAGICO - glad to see you back!!

what ppm's do you recommend for the players? same has last year etc?

almost the same as last year mate ;)
it's very important that your DMCs don't have the ppm "runs forward whenever possible" that your strikers are more a complete poacher type players, so technically gifted, flamboyant, creative and quick (no "plays with his back to goal" ppm).
I would also recommend ppm's like "plays killer balls whenever possible" for the 3 attacking midfielders, "cut's inside" for the wingers, also "places his shots into the corner of the net" for the wingers, as this is really beautiful and helps a lot for those wingers, who don't have the best finishing attributes.

View attachment 245408View attachment 245409View attachment 245410View attachment 245411View attachment 245412View attachment 245413View attachment 245414View attachment 245415

As you can see, my worst defeat in the 1st season was against Real Madrid in the scnd leg of the CL semi finals, where I had some very important players not available and Real could play with their best eleven.
Considering one goal coming from a corner and the last one a direct free-kick by alonso and me having lots of good opportunities, this game could have also gone the other way arround...