LilBoyBlue

Reaction score
I'm in my first season with Porto and its coming up on January. There's a strong indication that PSG are going to trigger Joao Moutinho's 35mil release clause and I'll need to replace him with someone similar (great passing is a must as I play him as an advanced playmaker where he devastates). Any suggestions on who could fill the void? I already have around 9mil before the 35mil influx so money shouldn't be too much of a problem, though I'd rather not spend it all.

Do you play this Advanced Playmaker at the AMC or MC position?? 35 Million is what you're willing to spend?

You can try keeping him by offering him a new contract without release clause/with a bigger release clause ...

yohan cabaye! if they want him lower the offer and put there young dlp in for the deal :p

I'm using him in the CM position rather than the AMC position because I have James Rodriguez who can operate as an advanced playmaker high up, but I'm running a 4-3-3 and Rodriguez is an inside forward which is wielding great results. Moutinho is awesome because he splits defenses with through balls and also has a pretty decent shot which has led to a few goals this season. Cabaye is more in the vein of what I'm looking for.
I'd rather not spend all 35mil, as I'm trying to bring in Moussa Sissoko as well.

Try Gylfi Sigurdsson, that guy can play anywhere on the pitch, and he quickly adapts to any new position. No matter I plyed him for Spurs or Barcelona, he always tops the list of assists. Matias Fernandez has always been one of my favourites and he is never too expensive.

Try to offer him a new contract first, get rid of the release clause. If you really don't mind letting him go though can replace him fairly easily depending on how much you're willing to spend.

Hamsik, Eriksen, Poli, Canales, Garmash, Andre Ayew, Gundogan, Dzagoev, Rakitic...

These are all great options guys. I'm ready for January to come. Even if he does stay I'll pick one of them up as a security policy for injuries, form, or a departure down the road. Thanks for the help!

Roman Bezus could be quite good (I don't remember who he played for :L)

He costs around £5m if I remember right and is pretty versatile (Makes a quality BBM too!)

EDIT: Sorry Raikan, I didn't click on the screenshots until after I posted this :S

Could Lucho Gonzalez not step into the role for this season? and maybe buy a young player?

Anyway, Try:

Ander Herrera
Honda
Cabaye
Pjanic(Would be my pick)
Ruben Pardo
Rafinha(Barca)

I'm using Lucho as a BBM with pretty nice effect so I'd like to keep him there and he's getting on in age so I'd like to get someone younger to fill the role for seasons to come. And with all of these great suggestions there's so many to pick from!