Movie(s) of the Year?

Hancock: 7/10

Really enjoyed it for the first hour and a bit more, was really funny and a great idea for a film i thought. The end was a bit meh though and ruined it. Will Smith was class though

The Dark Knight: 9/10

Loved this film and Heath ledger was great, he actually deserved all the priase. Loving the new batman films

Indiana Jones: 7/10

I really enjoyed the 4th film untill the whole Alien **** started happening otherwise i would give it an 8/9

Last edited:
  • WALL-E
    • Pixar's best film since Toy Story 2 in my opinion. Wall-e is just super cute, and he's a bit of a stalker so it's all good.
    • Rating: 8/10
  • There Will Be Blood
    • One of my favourite films of all time. I've seen it three times already and I'm yet to pick a single fault with it. Plus Jonny Greenwood does the score. (L)
    • Rating: 10/10
  • In Bruges
    • I thought this was going to be a bit meh seeing as Colin Farrell was playing one of the main roles but it was actually pretty funny. Kept me laughing until the very end.
    • Rating: 8/10
  • The Dark Knight
    • Obv because Heath Ledger died. ;(
    • Rating: 9/10

The Dark Knight 10/10
Was looking forward to this and it didnt dissapoint. Liked it so much I went twice. Only let down was the scene at the end with the 2 boats, what mother would kill their own child to save rapist and murderers.

In Bruges 8/10
Ditto what Lee said...but I told him to watch it.

There Will Be Blood 10/10
Ditto what Lee said again really, liked it so much I bought my first film on DVD for about 4 years.

Frost/Nixon 8/10
Subject Im intrigued by. An actor im intrigued (Michael Sheen). Was very entertaining and funny for what is essentially just the story of how David Frost (yeh that old guy from that poltics programme) got an interview with tricky **** Nixon.

Worst films...

Semi-Pro 2/10
Had to switch it off after 15 minutes, terrible

Be Kind Rewind 3/10
Watched on Lees recommendation, it was terrible. How does Mos Def keep getting acting gigs, he cant even speak.

The Hulk 4/10
Didnt want to go but in the end my mate phoned em when I was bored so I went (also Ed Norton) turned out it was exactly what I was expecting, the usual superhero ****, Nolan with the Batman series has raised the bar now.

The Dark Knight: 10/10 It just made a change to see a sequal match it's 1st film, every performance was great, was never a big fan of Heath Ledger but his performance blew me away! Easily should have been rated a 15 though, and of course, roll on Gotham!

Iron Man: 8/10 The trailer to this wasn't the best I must say but something made me want to watch it and i'm glad I did. All credit to Robert Downey Jrn, I doubt the film would have been as good as it was if it wasn't for his acting in it, also a very good enemy and nice untypical ending! Hope they'll be a sequal.

Other films I liked this year (need to go so not got time to review, sorry)

Hancock: 7/10

Cloverfield: 7/10

Untracable: 8/10

Charlie Wilson's War: 7/10

Indiana Jones: 7/10

I really enjoyed the 4th film untill the whole Alien **** started happening otherwise i would give it an 8/9

Worst out of the four by a mile.

--

Most of mine have been said, but I will repeat;

Wall-E - 8/10

Great film, didn't expect much going in to watch it but I suppose that could be the best way to do it. Funny and Charming film and quite addictive in a way.

Cloverfield - 7.5/10

Had no idea what it was about until I got in the cinema. Again, probably the best way to go about it. Apparently one of a trilogy? haven't heard anything about other films though then again, have not looked.

The Dark Knight - 9/10

Wasn't disappointed after hearing all the reviews. Enjoyed the film, will definitely get on DVD hopefully for Christmas! as good as Batman Begins if not better.

Changeling - 8/10

Definitely didn't expect to like this. Thought I was going to watch a chick flick, but it was a lot more than that. Some amateur acting but happens a lot in some films but was the kind of film that makes you want to look at the real story. Spent the next day at work on wikipedia.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 8/10

Very funny film, Brand who I normally don't like played a brilliant role - well he basically played himself - and Segel gave a good performance also. Know I am getting this for Christmas. Can't wait to watch again (Saw twice in Cinema)

Smaller mentions to 10,000BC, Eagle Eye, Taken and Hancock which I also enjoyed.

Worst films, won't go in to detail but:

Pineapple Express, How to lose friends and alienate people (Disappointed really), Indiana Jones 4, Harold and Kumar, Zack and Miri and that one with Pitt and Clooney.

ive nly seen abwt 3 films this year.

Cloverfield - 7.5/10 really enjoyed this film...it jst left too many questions unanswered for my liking

James Bond - 6/10 good action, poor story imo

How to lose friends and alienate people 5/10 Simon Pegg is funny, and its alrite film, jst typical romcom

I quite enjoyed Bond. Indy was just bizarre, a laugh but hardly an amazing film. I've still not seen Dark Knight but hoping I'll get it tomorrow...

Bond sucked, so meh.

Its went to far the other way now, now its too gritty and 'realistic' whereas before it was too camp and cheesy. Needs to strike a balance, if I want somethign Bournesque ill watch Bourne.

got to say Taken is the best film i seen last year and probubly one of the best films i have ever seen. Pure brilance

Ive not seen it yet so i maybe wrong in saying this but...how many films have you seen?

Best

The Dark Knight - Obviously
In Bruges - Pure quality, very funny
Iron Man
Wanted
Hancock
Pineapple Express - Wasn't expecting much, turned out to be brilliant
Step Brothers - Very funny film
Zack and Miri ake a *****
Harold and Kumar 2 - I found this quite funny

Worst

Wall-E - Utter, utter *****, not funny, not cute, just a crappy boring film for 5 year olds. The idea is *****, the plot is ***** and anyone who likes it who isn't a 5-8 year old girl deserves shooting.
semi-pro - not funny
Be Kind Rewind - was disappointed with this, went to the cinemas expecting to see a funny Jack Black film and ended up watching this garbage.
Jumper - sure this was out in 2008, disappointing
Burn after Reading - this was also bollocks, only good part was the CIA at the end not having a clue what just happened.

I watched Role Models the other night, was aab with the odd funny bit thrown in

I liked Wall-E, solidly entertaining 7/10. Managed to keep me interested for 45 minutes with just a few bleeps, has to be praised for doing something a little different and succeeding, will probably win the oscar for best animation unles walt with bashir is in that category as well

I forogt to mention Step Brothers on my list, i'm a fan of Will Ferrall and this film didn't disapponit!