Moving into channels/ Hampering each others game?

nijak04

Reaction score
Lets say both a right sided striker and a AMR inside forwards wide play off the ball is set to move into channels -

Would they move into the same "channels"? get into each others way and hamper each others game?

The thing about the off the ball movement is to have players creating space and some players using the space created.

One way to do this is simple to use one Fc dropping deep to collect the ball , both by ,mentality and ppm( FCr). Here, he has dragged his DC along with him and have created space for the MR or AMR to move into. Another way can be to give the FCR move into channels along with a free role. This will make him drift, always looking for free space and once again creating space for the winger to use, only this time, the FCR also moves into channels when called for and from his new position.

Now...
If you have a FCR that have the orders to move into channels and a AMR that has the same,I Would make sure that the FCR has a more advanced position than the AMR in relation to their position. This way, you avoid that they hamper each others game

Last edited:
The thing about the off the ball movement is to have players creating space and some players using the space created.

One way to do this is simple to use one Fc dropping deep to collect the ball , both by ,mentality and ppm( FCr). Here, he has dragged his DC along with him and have created space for the MR or AMR to move into. Another way can be to give the FCR move into channels along with a free role. This will make him drift, always looking for free space and once again creating space for the winger to use, only this time, the FCR also moves into channels when called for and from his new position.

Now...
If you have a FCR that have the orders to move into channels and a AMR that has the same,I Would make sure that the FCR has a more advanced position than the AMR in relation to their position. This way, you avoid that they hamper each others game

My FCr is a trequartista so is licensed to roam and has move into channels.. But according the TC an Inside forward also has roaming ticked and because my AMR has cuts inside as PPM i would like to try move into channels without the ball..
So Maybe setting the treq mentality a bit more attacking may help?

Yeah i have thought of that aswell but he is a poacher and has move into channels aswell.. same problem i guess..

But poacher has less creative freedom and doesn't have roaming so he shouldn't drift too much.

try it from the back DL run frm deep/often cross ball/often run with ball/sumtyms ,AMR cut inside cross ball/rarely, run with ball sometimes through ball/often FC roam from position, move into channel.its beautiful cos ai fullback and centreback will be confused all through the match.i also use it on one flank alone so that the other full back offer defensive cover.

But poacher has less creative freedom and doesn't have roaming so he shouldn't drift too much.

Creative freedom has nothing to do with drifting, its the roaming that does that( if the space is found out wide that is).

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Yeah i have thought of that aswell but he is a poacher and has move into channels aswell.. same problem i guess..

I meant that you could use the player with the TQ settings in the FCleft position, using a more advanced player at the flank where your moving into channels AM-winger is. This way, the FCR and AMR will both move into channels but not intpo the same channels and not at the same time from the same position in the field but instead one making them from deeper and one making them from a higher position

Creative freedom has nothing to do with drifting, its the roaming that does that( if the space is found out wide that is).

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I meant that you could use the player with the TQ settings in the FCleft position, using a more advanced player at the flank where your moving into channels AM-winger is. This way, the FCR and AMR will both move into channels but not intpo the same channels and not at the same time from the same position in the field but instead one making them from deeper and one making them from a higher position

Ok thanks.. Raising the attacking Mentality of the treq. would have the same effect wouldn´t it? (thats what i have done anyway - i´ll try that out over a period and see how it works - other wise ill try switching his position to FCl) -

Edit: the reason why im reluctant to change his position to FCl is because i like the left footed striker on the right side, gets me plenty of goals... (maybe this doesnt have any effect at all but so far its been good)

Thanks

Last edited: