Moving save files to new computer?

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm considering getting a new computer, and want to know if I am able to not only install my FM09 onto the new computer, but also transfer my current save files.

I know you could on the last one, but with the introduction of Steam, I don't know if it's possible.

I would usually start a new game, but considering that I'm 7 seasons in, I'd rather be able to continue with my current one.

Thanks.

If you go to My Documents, then Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, games, you will find your saved games erm....saved there

Thanks, but do you know if it is possible to move them to another computer. It's just that I'm not sure how it now works with Steam.

I agree. The Steam application shouldn't make a difference when it comes to transferring the save game. Steam doesn't ever interfere with anything I try to do and I don't play the game through Steam, I just go round it

Would I simply have to copy and paste them into the 'Saved Games' section of the 'Sports Interactive' Document in 'My Documents'?

Yeah. Just create a new folder called "games" in the Football Manager 2009 section and then transfer

Okay, thanks guys. I'll give it a shot with my one of my friends' files first, and then see how it goes.

No problem just pop over whenever :)