kmitchell96

Reaction score
View attachment 265029
After failing to create a stable career in my previous save I have decided to create one where I take over the closest Conference N/S side to my supported team, Walsall FC.

The closest side to Walsall is Tamworth who's Lamb Ground Stadium is 22.8 miles away from Bescot Stadium.

Leamington was a close (ish) second with the two grounds being 42.3 miles away from each other.

I will update soon.​

View attachment 265020
Pre-season
It was a rocky pre-season with a number of results going either way and probably should've done better in a couple of games.

Tamworth 1-2 U21's
Tamworth 0-1 Crewe
Barry 0-2 Tamworth
Tamworth 1-1 Bury
Tamworth 0-1 Wimbledon
Tamworth 0-1 Pelsall

So a couple of defeats I would've liked to have turned around against the U21's and Pelsall but they were just fitness matches. Good games against league teams in Crewe and Wimbledon who only just pulled a victory out against me. Did well to draw with League 2 Bury and win against Barry.

Everybody is a part time player meaning it is taking a long time for the players to learn the tactics I am teaching them (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3).

Transfers
View attachment 858890
Nothing big happened. Released 4 players who were on non-contract terms or just earning way too much to be kept at the club (including a back up striker who was on £500 a month when I was over my wage budget by £300).

I signed 4 players on a free transfer:
Jamie Tolley - 31 year old - CM
Joe Anyinsah - 30 year old - AMR, ST
Nathan Battersby - 21 year old - DC DR
Reece Ottley - 21 year old - GK

All of these players will be rotation options in a fairly poor squad in terms of fitness.

I also signed Vaughaun and Tingey on loan from affiliate MK Dons and O'Halloran from Fulham on loan.

I got rid of poor backroom staff in terms of my scout and physio. They were poor and I managed to replace them with better younger staff members.

I also got rid of a goalkeeper coach to bring in a fitness coach in order to try and improve the fitness at the club throughout the season and lower injury risks whilst other teams struggle with fitness. Doing this will hopefully help me achieve my goals.

Goals and Aims
League: Reach the Play-off's
FA Cup: Reach 1st round
FA Trophy: Reach 2nd round​