Moyes Slams Spurs' Neville Bid

cuddles

Reaction score
Everton boss David Moyes has described Tottenham's bid for Phil Neville as 'insulting and disrespectful' after rejecting their deadline day move.
Spurs made a bid for the Toffees skipper earlier in the transfer window before returning with an increased offer on deadline day.
Moyes claims Spurs made an opening bid of £250,000 for Neville and then returned with an offer of £500,000 for the former Manchester United man on Monday.
Moyes was unhappy with the nature of Tottenham's bid, admitting he thought it was the most "surprising offer" of his career.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6715802,00.html

Only just read this and i'm quite suprised to hear Moyes actually come out like this he is usually quite a relaxed kinda guy but this has obviously ruffled his feathers, gotta be honest though, terrible offer for our captain.

alls fair in love and football, get over it moyesy

Moyes is right. More than a touch of arrogance by Redknapp, assuming that club captain Neville would desert his club, and for a pittance too.

alls fair in love and football, get over it moyesy

Disagree.

The fact Redknapp thinks he can just walk in a sweep him for such a low price is an insult. Tottenham aren't as big as he'd like to think :)

Spurs in for Aguero, Rossi, Llorente, Forlan...

Instead they bid £500k for Phil Neville. XD

Last edited:
Lol how Many Rb's does he want?

Hutton Corluka and great players so why buy another one when he probs woud'nt play

Lol how Many Rb's does he want?

Hutton Corluka and great players so why buy another one when he probs woud'nt play

Because Neville's been great, and he's versatile. Spent the majority of his career at left-back.

Neville is English too, so he is worth way way more than that.;)

Seriously though, you can't even buy decent championship player for that sum.

Just a question as i have not heard anything about this since reading on the everton page on fb...

But are these rumours of us meant to be going into admin true?? Rumour has it's all been kept quiet this month due to the transfer window.

I hope to god that this is a false rumour.

C'me on 'Arry. I like ya, but that much for Neville? It aint a frickin DFS sale ya know, he's worth much more than that. He ain't a piece of furniture.
And if we are going into admin, well I wouldn't be surprised one bit. It's been coming tbh.
Especially when Kenwright has been trying to secure investment for the past 2 months

Last edited:
Really hope Everton don't go into Admin, I'd feel so sorry for Moyes after all the hard work he's put in to just see it all crumble and fall apart.

To be fair though, think we've been pretty much desperately staving off admin for a while now. There is indeed a rumour going round that Kenwright will announce the club is going into Administration when financial report comes out, but I can't see it really, other wise we wouldn't have got a player in on loan. Plus the wage bill has been pretty much reduced with Yakubu going out on loan, and of course the Piennar sale. But it's safe to say the wage bill is pretty much crippling, and imo the only way to save the club from going closer to administration, is for Moyes to break up the team unfortunately. Plenty of clubs would be interested, and it's well known Man Utd are looking towards Rodwell, and its rumoured SAF is looking at Baines as a replacement for Evra. With the sales of Rodwell, Arteta, Baines, it would not only save on the wagebill, but generate some sort of vital income for the club.
I don't want to see it happen, but it could be the only viable option by the looks of it, as were paying not only on the big loans, but also the smaller ones lumped on top of them, and merchandising sales aren't the best. Maybe doing the painful thing sooner, would be better than doing it later. Yes it would hurt immensley, but I love my club, and I would be distraught if it went into admin.

maybe harry had heard a rumour and thought he'd get in quick with a cheeky bid before the fire sale started !!

it's well known Man Utd are looking towards Rodwell, and its rumoured SAF is looking at Baines as a replacement for Evra.

We are interested in Rodwell and what is this about Baines? Why do we need Evra's replacement.
He is going no where.

We are interested in Rodwell and what is this about Baines? Why do we need Evra's replacement.
He is going no where.
Thats why i used word rumour lol. Couple of mates are Utd fans, and they know more about the club than me obviously. Or not by the sounds of it lol

Thats why i used word rumour lol. Couple of mates are Utd fans, and they know more about the club than me obviously. Or not by the sounds of it lol

Lol, missed that Rumoured.