mickiac

Reaction score
I've decided to start a save based on one that I have seen before. For the life of me I cannot remember the person's name, but they are currently in 2041 on FM 14 in Slovenia if anyone knows who it is.

Anyway here's the aim of the challenge.

There are 52 leagues in Europe, so my aim is to win the league and all domestic cups in every country to do what no manager has done before: rule Europe once and for all.

I downloaded a database that allows me access to all 52 leagues and I randomly chose my first 5 leagues to load. These are: Germany, Latvia, San Marino, Spain and Bosnia and Herzegovina. I have to win all the leagues and cups in these countries before moving on.

The rules are simple: Win all domestic cups and leagues in each country before moving on. The very first nation that you randomly pick, you can choose which side to go. For example, I can choose whatever club in Germany because it is my first randomly picked nation. The next four you can randomly jump to, but must win all cups before moving to the next nation. For example, if I win everything in Germany, I can move onto Spain, Bosnia or San Marino - it's up to me.

In my save I will start with Bayern Munich because 1) It should be an easy start to the game and 2) It would be ideal to start off with a good CV so that it is easier to get good jobs.

I will try and update this twice a week.

Let me know what you think of this:)

FIRST UPDATE
View attachment 315090

I start as Bayern Munich for the first time ever on Football Manager. This side has a lot of depth, so this should be one of the easier countries to conquer.

Aims for this season:
Win the league
Win the German Cup
Win the German Super Cup
Make Final of the Champions League.

In short, I didn't make any signings, but sold Xherdan Shaqiri for 26m and got rid of some young players for small fees.

So our first game came against Dortmund AWAY in the German Super Cup Final.
View attachment 315088

Gotze haunted his ex club as we came away with our first cup. One down, two to go.

This is how the league table looks just after the half way stage and here's our results:
View attachment 315086View attachment 315084

We were sitting first 5 points ahead of Dortmund in the league, cut down from 11 after our last 10 games proved to be quite tough. As you seen in the fixtures, we won the 2nd Round of the German Cup - setting up a Third Round tie with Frankfurt.

Our Champions League looked pretty decent too:
View attachment 315082

Finishing 1st in our group was a good start, but we got an unfortunate Last 16 tie against Real Madrid.

Hope to have the next update up tomorrow.

Not going too bad so far mate but you wouldn't expect anything else from Bayern!

Cheers Sam, yeah I know haha. Hopefully rattle through this year.

Second half of the season:

Again, I signed nobody, didn't sell anyone either. First came our Champions League last 16 against Real Madrid.

View attachment 314961

It wasn't the perfect start to our knockout rounds. It was a bit of a blow to lose a goal so late on, but we would go onto the next leg and try and nick it.

View attachment 314948

Horrible to lose the match this way. For a neutral fan, it was a great game of football - but we were gutted with that.

The rest of the season would be quite a task. We kept slipping up and Dortmund were growing stronger and stronger. Their victory at home to us brought the lead back down to five points and they went on a huge unbeaten run.

View attachment 314945

We had the German Cup Final too where we came up against Borussia Monchengladbach.
View attachment 314943

We completely dominated and now we were just waiting on the league title to win a treble!

View attachment 314942

Our win against Hannover sealed a great treble, just holding on at the end of the season which meant....

That I was now resigning as manager of Bayern Munich and moving on.

I now chose between Latvia, Spain, San Marino and Bosnia...the logical move would be...
View attachment 314941
See you soon!

Turns out that a German treble winner is not so hot in Spain....

Valladolid offered me a contract as they had just achieved promotion to the La Liga. However, they were only offering 97k for transfer budget and a measly wage budget. So I turned it down in hope of something better. Nearly got the Villarreal job, but they decided not to sack their manager...so I changed Madrid and Barcelona for Bosnia and Mostar.

View attachment 314922View attachment 314921

I've joined Zrinjski Mostar who are sitting 14th out of 16 in the Bosnian Premier League. After winning my first game, this is how the table stands.
View attachment 314919
So obviously sitting in a rather dismal position at the moment, but hoping to jump up into a Euro Cup qualification spot. We were put out the cup before I took over, so it's about trying to finish as high up the table as possible.

Bosnia has a huge winter break, so I will show the results of the half season standings and results:
View attachment 314915
So I had some brilliant results, starting with my first game in a win over Travnik away. The 8-4 win away to Mladost was brilliant, but we've only picked up one point out of a possible six in our past two games. Here's how the league looks with 11 games to go.

View attachment 314907

We're sitting 9th, 17 points away from the leaders. Not bad, but not great either. Hopefully we can kick on from here and get the minimum expectation of a top 8 finish.

The end of the season didn't finish as I expected. A top 4 finish was on the cards until the last four matches:
View attachment 314467View attachment 314466

This was a roundup of my transfers for the year:
View attachment 314462
The first four signings were not under my rule, but I brought in a few handy players.
View attachment 314459
Jonas is a good RB that I used for rotation throughout the remainder of the season.

View attachment 314458
I was hoping El Hadji Diouf would do more, but he was a waste of time really...hoping for more next season.

View attachment 314457
Stanoje was brought in to strengthen a weak midfield as well as giving us options at left back. He played quite a few games and was worth the wages.

8th place wasn't great so I started to apply for jobs in Spain...

Got offers from Las Palmas and Sevilla, but I thought I would hold out until I seen the start of our next season. As I had brought in some signings...
View attachment 314455
I'll go into my ins and outs in the next update.

Outs:

A lot of insignificant sales were made. The releases were deadwood, but I lost three good players:

Ivan Crnov

Dzenan Durak

Momcilo Mrkaic

Got around 800k for these three, so not all bad. Hopefully I can replace them.

Ins:

Nermin Zolotic
View attachment 314453
With the sales of Durak and Crnov I had to bring in competent CMs - and I found one for just 56k. He certainly looks pretty good.

Luciano Balbi
View attachment 314452
Balbi was a worthy LB to bring in to beef up the position as my one LB had been injury prone the whole season. It's causing a fight for the first team place too.

Jorge Garcia
View attachment 314450
Managed to steal this youngster from Bilbao for a tiny 100k (could have got him cheaper if I hadn't overestimated his price). Strong in AMC so he can fill that gap that has been filled by strikers for all of last year.

Nemanja Bilbija
View attachment 314448
He was a complete beast for us last season, becoming our top scorer. So I brought him back in on loan once again. Very surprised Sarajevo didn't want to hold on to him.

Matheus Phillipe
View attachment 314447
Got this young goalie on a free just incase I need to stay for a few years. Got bags of potential.

Nashat Akram
View attachment 314446
The Iraqi veteran is solid in CM and will be one of the best players in the team.

Karim Ziani
View attachment 314445
Another veteran midfielder who can play Attacking Midfield and Centre Midfield. This time, it's the Algerian FM bargain buy of previous seasons. Good to see I could get him on a free.

Luka Bilobrk
View attachment 314444
Another back up goalie who could challenge the number one spot.

Ivan Peric
View attachment 314443
We were also struggling at RB - so getting Peric in was decisive. Got him pretty cheap too from a rival club.

Dino Hallilovic
View attachment 314441
We managed to get another AMC in to make our attacking midfield unbreakable. Three strong players there, all which can play MC too. Free transfer too.

Maciej Zieba
View attachment 314440
Got him in as a back up winger. We have stronger players than him, but he has had some experience at Leeds which will come in handy.

NEXT TIME:

Half season update.

So we have a good team and this is how our first half of the season went:
View attachment 740399
That first 3-0 win over Jedinstvo made me stay at the club. Las Palmas have been doing well in La Liga though, so maybe a missed opportunity there.

As you can see Nemanja Bilbija has been on fire and is probably the best signing that we have brought in. Zieba has also came alive on that left side.

View attachment 740439
We sit top by 4 points and looking good to win this. As you can see above, we're still in the cup (just).

Going into the second half of the season, here was my new signings.
View attachment 314266

OUTS:

Anto Radeljic
View attachment 314265
We lost a solid CB and it disrupted our form. Al-Fateh bought out his release clause and I had no choice but to let him go.

Stanoje Jovanovic
View attachment 314264
Unfortunately, he didn't turn up on big occasions and we rarely used him. He wanted a move, so I sold him for £1k to Rudar.

Emir Selimovic
View attachment 314263
Emir was a handy player for us, but he was disrupting the happiness of the squad and it was only logical to offload him for a bit of money. Zvijezda got him, but he didn't do much there.

INS:

Cezary Wilk
View attachment 314254
Bringing him in to make that midfield even harder to break down. Would expect him to slot right into the team.

Nahuel Benitez
View attachment 314252
With Selimovic going, we needed a back up striker for Belbija. I found this gem who seems to be worth the couple of grand a week.

Milko Novakovic
View attachment 314251
Milko should take Anto Radeljic's place in the side. We are severely lacking in defence, so he's a handy signing.

Carlos Adriano
View attachment 314250
At 19 he could get himself in the first team. He has bags of potential, so if I'm here for a long time, I don't see why he can't become my star player.

Will update the rest of the season tonight....

Well we made the final of the Bosnian Cup which is a two leg final. We hosted our league rivals Zeljeznicar at home in the first leg:
View attachment 314235
A 2-0 defeat wasn't the end of the world, but it wasn't ideal. We would really need to work to get ourselves a win in the second leg.

View attachment 314238
I do not know how we did it, but I'm putting it down as the best cup comeback ever (sorry Liverpool fans). Blaic was the hero who scored the winning penalty.

Here's the cup run:
View attachment 314236
The second match against Celik was a particular highlight. Bilbija and Benitez really came alive in our run along with a number of our defenders such as Balbi and Graovac.

With just two games to go, we were somehow trailing Zeljeznicar by 5 points. We hosted them in our next match, with a win for us taking the deficit to 2 points, with any other result crowning Zeljeznicar champions.
View attachment 314241
We were simply brilliant here. We kept our hopes alive with this win.

If Zeljeznicar win their last match, they win the league. If they draw, Zrinjski can't better their result. If they lose, they need to hope that Zrinjski don't win.
View attachment 314229
WE DID IT!!!! We were lucky to beat Travnik as we were lacking end product, but we managed to get the winner through a substitute defender. Love you Jozic.

So this is how our last results went and here's the final league table.
View attachment 314219View attachment 314218
Couldn't get much closer than that. We beat Zeljeznicar on Matches Between Teams and finished with the same amount of goals scored. Not bad.

Bit shocked to see Siroki Brijeg go down if I'm honest.

But after winning the Domestic Double in Bosnia it's time to say goodbye...
View attachment 314213
Actually quite liked that Zrinjski team and it's a bit of a shame that I had to leave, but need to get this challenge done.

2/52

Currently whilst trying to find a team, I've been accepted as the Ivory Coast manager so I'll let you know how that goes...

Pennarossa

View attachment 311915
So after my dominance in Germany and my last day drama in Bosnia, I now had a job to do in San Marino with Pennarossa.

Pennarossa had last won the league two years ago in 2015 (in Football Manager time of course), but since they have struggled. Out of the 15 teams, I was expected to finish 10th, but the Campionato Sammarinese is an unpredictable league.

Here's the signings that I brought in:
View attachment 311886

Alberto Celli
View attachment 311881
We got this guy from Murata and he'll fit right into the team.

Francesco Bonfe
View attachment 311876
He's got a great first touch which I hope will help us out.

Francesco Maurizi
View attachment 311875
He may come from one of the worst teams in the league, Cailungo, but he looks like a useful player.

Andrea Benvenuti
View attachment 311874
Another utility player. It's also about taking rival players and taking a decent player away from Libertas helps us.

Mattia Berardi
View attachment 311873
We severely lacked centre-backs and we managed to grab a La Fiorita player which was a positive.

Massimilliano La Monaca

For some reason this screenshot won't upload but La Monaca is a young keeper worthy of fighting for the goalkeeper position and gives us depth.

Gabriele Genghini

This won't let me upload his either. But another steal from Libertas. Might not be first team, but good enough imo.

League finish coming soon.

Here was our squad in the end if anyone was interested:
View attachment 311864

We started the season in the Coppa Titano which is the equivalent of the Cup, but it involves a league system first kind of like the Champions League:
View attachment 311865
With only one defeat in the early stages out of 8 games, we were looking pretty good. The teams that finish 3rd in each group go into a play off - with 2 of the 3 making it into the Quarter Finals.

QUARTER FINALS: Pennarossa VS Tre Fiori
View attachment 311863
Despite an early scare, we mounted a comeback and made our way into the semis.

SEMI FINALS: Pennarossa VS Murata
View attachment 311861
Matches don't come much closer than this. We looked like we were going to win it in normal time, until a late goal from Murata. 2-2 at the end of normal time then went to 3-3 at the end of extra time, leaving just penalties. One of our best players, Ugolini, missed a penalty, but so too did Murata's captain Cocchi - who we failed to sign in the summer. Last-gasp win.

FINAL: Pennarossa VS San Giovanni
View attachment 311859
What a final. A 4-2 win got us our first trophy in San Marino.

When it came to the league, we had to play 21 games in the normal league. We played all the teams once and then everyone in our group one more time. It works a bit like the American Football system in the NFL. The post-season also works like the NFL - the better you do under the league system, the easier it is to make the final.

View attachment 311858
We had a tough start to the season, but we managed to hold on and finish top of our group going into the post-season.

View attachment 311857
We squeezed Folgore in this match which took us into the semi final.

View attachment 311856
Another close match set us up a Final against La Fiorita or Tre Fiori (you get second chances in this league).

View attachment 311855
We yet again squeezed La Fiorita, but they got closer than last time, taking us to extra time. But we won the league!!!

This is all of our fixtures from another successful year.
View attachment 311854View attachment 311853

Here were also some of our best players this season:
View attachment 311852View attachment 311851View attachment 311850View attachment 311849View attachment 311848
Ugolini, Ciacci, Molari and Celli were all great this season. It's sorta sad that I had to resign...

3/5

​Either Latvia or Spain next...

So when you go to england it will be fun, will you first go to lower team so you can win the Johnston Paint? Will you then work up? You say you will win all the leagues and cups so that is interesting

Cheers Bakestar.

Hi Pipodeclown,

Sorry, should have said, top flight cups and leagues. Although I'd like to get them all, it'd probs take 300 seasons or so haha

Slight problem. My motherboard on my computer has packed it in, so I won't be updating til I get it fixed. Could be a couple of weeks.

I AM BACK and with San Marino completed, I now move on...but to where?
View attachment 302904
I've moved on to Ventpsils in Latvia! Also, after a disastrous short spell at Ivory Coast, I've managed to bag myself a different manager's position as the manager of....

View attachment 302890
Slovakia!