Mr Hough FM12 tactic working very well on patch 13.2.2

John11red

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The reason I am posting this is because I have achieved incredible results with Lyon in over 3 seasons, after trying unsuccessfully different tactics I found here. I am currently using the "12.2 Tweak" tactic by Mr Hough which was a FM12 tactic, but it works perfectly for me with the 13.2.2 patch. I have obviously played NO part in the creation of this tactic and I am only sharing my results so you might try to do the same if you are struggling in your current game.

1st season : (started using the tactic after 19 games)
40 played, 28 wins - 4 draws - 8 losses (87 goals - 36 conceded)
I won : French League 1 - French Community Shield (+ semi-final defeat 4-5 in Europa League against future winners Manchester City)

2nd season :
59 played, 43 wins - 8 draws - 8 losses (127 goals - 44 conceded)
I won : French League 1 - French Community Shield - Champion's League (on pens 1-1 against City)

3rd season :
62 played, 50 wins - 5 draws - 7 losses (163 goals - 52 conceded)
I won : French League 1 - French Community Shield - European supercup - World championship - French Cup
(+ semi-final defeat 2-1 against future winners Real Madrid)

So far this 4th season :
9 played, 9 wins - 0 draws - 0 losses (31 goals - 2 conceded)
I won : French Community Shield

GLOBAL RECAP !
170 played, 130 wins - 17 draws - 23 losses (408 goals - 134 conceded) 76,4% wins
11 trophies (3 french League 1 in 3 seasons + 1 CL - and 2 semi-finals).
I would like to mention that at least half my defeats were minor games for which I played reserve players and teenagers, not to mention games lost at PSG, Barcelona, Madrid or City... ;)

I have uploaded screenshots so you can have a look at my current run of form, a few big wins, and individual stats for Destro (62 goals in 50 games last season, 15 goals in 9 games so far this season...).

Globally, it allows you to have a very good possession, good passing rate, and a lot of shoots compared to the opponent. Of course, with this patch a lot of them come from distance but it doesn't really matter as you still score a lot... Plenty of goals on corners, especially with Destro.

The tactic can be found here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...359079-mr-hough-fm12-2-tactics-12.2-tweak.tac

If you try it, let me know how it works for you !

possession and shots on goal are great with the tactic but the players don't score enough just keep missing..

Hum...

I guess it depends on the quality of the players, I have a few goals from the CM, and a LOT from the striker and the two wingers... What is your team ?

Nice ! Keep me up to date then !

Anyway, I believe you need time to know the tactic completely, but it is no surprise. Also I have lost some games with 25-30 shots for me and only 5 for the opponent, but it is happenning less and less as the seasons go.

To be fair, with the patch and new ME, I think some will do great with this tactic, some others won't, it looks random to me...

Edit : I have now joined Arsenal. 11 games : 7 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats (one away from home when I sent my reserve team and one at Old Trafford), 34 goals - 14 conceded. And I am playing with an average of 3-4 key players out at every game at the moment... So still doing pretty well, and I am sure it will improve before the end of the season, to reach almost perfection the next year.

match preparation? OI? attributes for each position? team talks? shouts?

Last edited:
I don't do OI and match preparation, everything is done by my assistant. I do the talking and for big games I say "be relax" or "do it for the fans", it works pretty well. But against small teams (especially at home), I have noticed they might not take the game seriously so I say "I want 3 pts".
Other than that, I do not use shouts.

As for the players attributes, I think there is nothing really specific. The higher they are, the better I guess. (simple stuff like wingers need good speed, crosses and technical abilities and such...). On corners, the scorer (mine is the striker) doesn't really need excellent heading and jump (Destro has 13 in heading, 12 in jump if I remember correctly), but mostly decision and anticipation. At least half of my goals on corners are not scored with a header anyway... ;)

some good information for sure,i want to try this tactic with some lower league team,probably third spanish or german league... by the way tnx for sharing tactic and your results...

No problem. Thank you for trying, it will be nice to have an idea of what the tactic can achieve with lower league teams !

I actually left Lyon a few games after what I mentionned (it was probably going to be a 90% wins season...) for the spanish national team.

I had 10 games : 7 wins - 2 draws - 1 defeat (25 goals - 10 conceded). Unfortunately, the only defeat came against Crotia 1-2 in the 1/4 final of Euro... I left after that, although they have a very good team, it is difficult to get the players to know the tactic very well, and tbh I wanted club football...

I waited 2 years and a half unemployed to get the job at Liverpool (or Chelsea or Barcelona who were not doing great at the time), and refused about 40 offers (Valencia, PSG, Inter, Milan Ac for example). I finally joined Arsenal, struggling at 16th after 11 games. They have a great team, so I think I can quickly be back at the top.
I am currently 4th after 23 games played, 18 games : 12 wins - 4 draws - 2 defeats (47 goals, 20 conceded).

I will defo post the results at the end of the season.

u will probably win premier,i'm 100% sure... u should try tactic with smaller/mid team,that will be a big challenge...

Yeah you're right. Maybe after winning a few things with Arsenal. In the 2020ies there might be a few interesting mid-table teams. Last season Cardiff (yes Cardiff) finished 4th in the PL.

Just a quick update with the results from my 1st season at Arsenal, and beginning of second.

1st season:

Took the club after 10 games in the PL, 15th at that time.
44 games : 33 wins - 7 draws - 4 defeats (all away), 113 goals (2,57/m) - 40 conceded (0,90/m)

Finally finishing 3rd in the PL (with best pts/game ratio (if you consider only the period I played and not the start when I was not there) above winners City) + Champion's League victory and FA cup victory !

2nd season :

12 games : 12 wins, 34 goals (2,83/m) - 4 conceded (0.33/m)

Already Community Shield and European Supercup winners. I have just recruited Neymar (who was still at Santos at 27 !), and he is quite good (8 goals in 8 games), but I expect 1,5-2 goals per game on average pretty soon...

If you look at the scores and opponents, I had some great results against big teams (4 wins in 4 against City, 5-0 for the last one...). And no goals conceded after the group stage in the CL (apart from the final).

So globally, still pretty good ! :)

View attachment 306609View attachment 306606View attachment 306607View attachment 306608

I don't have any target man nor playmaker in my set pieces... (althought it is not my decision, I just haven't touched anything...).

I think having a skilled corner taker is key here, and I think the most important skills for the scorer are decision/anticipation/finishing/heading. Once again, most goals on corners are not scored with a header, so it is not crucial to have a tall player jumping high here...

I hope this helps... :)

Hi guys,

Just a quick update. I've started a season with Stoke, so even though one could argue it is not a really poor team (as they are no League 2 team for example), I think it might be interesting to post the results and stats so you can see it doesn't only work well for strong to very strong teams... ;)

Half season, sitting 2nd (equal on points to City), although Chelsea and Tottenham have games to play. Crouch is the leading goal scorer (yes, 20 goals in 19 games) and also leading Man of the match with 6. Huth-Shawcross are in the Top10 players of the PL, Charlie Adam leading assists (mostly free-kicks and corners obviously) and Begovic highest number of games with a clean-sheet (an impressive 11 out of 19 games). So great results individually.

And great results for the team (winning against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, winning at Anfield, 1-1 at tottenham and arsenal and at home against Chelsea, the 2-1 defeat against City was very unlucky). Losing to Norwich and 6-2 at home against United are the only two disappointments so far.

Enjoy ! :)