Just won the douple (EPL and FA Cup) with Watford, first season with transfer updates by pr0 using Sicilian Deep Defence v5:

Competitions:
View attachment 125421

Home record:
View attachment 125420

Away record:
View attachment 125419

Tactics:
View attachment 125418

Transfers (only brought in Jesse Lingard on loan at the beginning, the remainder of transfers were in January while leading the league):
View attachment 125417

Bonus:
Ranked 1st in league possession stats with avg. of 56.87%
Ranked 1st in league goals with 97 (15 from corners)
Ranked 1st in cross completion ratio, tied on 17% with West Brom, but by far the most crosses made with 281 (West Brom 160 and Swansea 2nd with 196) in total
Ranked 6th pass completion ratio with 75% (Arsenal 1st with 78%)
Ranked 1st on shots on target ratio with 47% (Arsenal 2nd with 46%)
Conceded the 6th lowest amount of goals with 38 (Tottenham 1st with 27)
Conceded 3 from corners
14 clean sheets
Made the 2nd most amount of fouls with 564 (West Ham 1st with 643)
Ranked 12th tackles won ratio with 74% (Leicester 1st with 76%, so all teams close to each other)

In general a very successful season and one which would not have been possible if not for the great tactic!

I had a lot of success with Deep Sicilian v5 with FK Partizan, but now I am at Chelsea and this is my 2nd season with them, and I can't beat teams such as Wolverhampton FC, and I have a lot of chances but I don't score so much goals. I played friendlies against small teams my training is set to Balanced Average, Def. Pos. and rest after match ticked, and I have set the OIs and the individual training based on the player roles. I always do the team talks(mostly passionate and assertively) What should I do to improve?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what Mr L is upto and where he's gone he said somthing on an earlier post about fm 17 need to find the legend

Does anyone know what Mr L is upto and where he's gone he said somthing on an earlier post about fm 17 need to find the legend

Just letting you guys know that me and the test team are preparing for FM17 with a new website. The extent of what we want to do in FM17 is too big for a single forum thread. I am not allowed to write the address here, but I am sure you will figure it out when the time comes :)

Best of luck to you all, and see you in FM17 :)

posted by mr L

Hey, my new website is up and running and I am currently downloading the FM17 Beta. Gonna spend the time up to the full release by creating custom databases to test in, and of course start getting to know the new tactic system / match engine.

Hey, my new website is up and running and I am currently downloading the FM17 Beta. Gonna spend the time up to the full release by creating custom databases to test in, and of course start getting to know the new tactic system / match engine.

I think that beta is available from 20/21.10?? Or I'm wrong?

Ohhh yeessss just starting installation on steam hehe
Will visit Your site!!

Mr Langvatn how do you train your players? just in the role they play or for an example, wide midfielders as wingers? :p Im gonna test this out with my Malmö FF :D

Hi everyone! My team and I are very passionate about FM, and we try to do our best to give the FM community a better experience with the game. We are currently three members in our team, where I am the tactician, Francesco tactic tester / admin, and Luigi who is our programmer. We are now in an urgent need of finding another person who is just as passionate about FM as us, and who loves to write about it, i.e. we need someone who wants to write articles, short or long, about FM. Please PM me if you are interested! :)

View attachment 124669

Last edited:
need some advises about very low league management for real!

sup everybody? i just see people talking about real madrid barcelona and rich squads all around... i dont see any point about winning tittles that clubs like these are used to win so im just trying to start an epic monster hard legendary history with a venezuelan fourth div. team called Ortiz F.C. thats so hard to manage that nobody will join it not even the worst players... the board just cant find parent club to loan players... no cash to sign... its really ruff... if you have some tactic that i could try on this situation that would be great mates! 1 love and thanks in advance!

FM16 with Ajax

View attachment 118575View attachment 118574

I've been struggling with FM17 and have been annoyed by some of the bugs, especially with defensive positioning on set pieces. So until I get the hang of it, or they sort these bugs out, I've gone back to FM16 and these are my results with Ajax. Sure, we are the strongest team in the division but we still won the league comfortably and also won the Europa League. I just wish I'd started using it before we were knocked out of the CL :-/

The results from the top of the page, starting with the friendly, are from using the Sicilian Defence tactic.
Probably far too many cards but results were great, in general. Some of the points we dropped were probably more to do with playing a weakened side due to important European matches just before or after.
There was an issue with balls over the top against really quick players and quality opponents but, in those instances, I tended to drop the d-line one notch, or sometimes two if I thought it was needed.

Overall, very impressed.

I don't know if anyone still reads this thread and uses this tactic for FM16, but in case it might help someone else:

I've played for 5 seasons with this tactic and was very succesful every season, the only issue I had was the high number of yellow card I tested several things to tweak and avoid this and this is where I've ended: I kept the PI tackle harder, but I've changed the Team Instruction: Get Stuck in to 'Stay on Feet'. (seems a bit contradictory the PI vs TI, but for me it did the trick)

The next season:
- I was only the 14th highest team in number of yellow cards,
- I had 3 goals less conceded then my previous record (almost same team as previous years)
- had 3 more clean sheets

so for me it didn't look like I had to give up performance to avoid yellow cards, altough I have to say I was playing with a top-team, so I don't know if you would see similiar results with smaller teams