MrCoopz FM Base 50 Million Challenge Story!

MrCoopz

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have decided to take on Will1981's FM Base ?50 Million Challenge, I'm sure you all know what the challenge is and have seen it before but I thought this would be an ideal way to test my Football Manager skills and also my story writing skills as this is the first story I will be attempting. I hope you will all follow this story and stick with it, it could be a good un?.

MrCoopz Takes FM Base Hotseat

FM Base have appointed MrCoopz to the vacant managerial position at the club. With a complete squad overhaul required, MrCoopz has his work cut out in a bid to avoid relegation from the premier league.

"The job I have been given will be a tough challenge, but it will be one I relish the opportunity to complete. The preseason will be key, players will have to be brought in in all departments and a whole new background staff will need to be assembled. I just want the fans to have patience and stick by me and I know we will steer clear of relegation. This season is all about consolidation?

Club Information

pastedGraphic.png

FM BASE

League - English Premier League
Founded - 2000
Value - ?131,000,000
Stadium - 30,000 Seater
Chairman - Tom Slaughter
Manager - MrCoopz

Backroom Staff

View attachment 385456

These background staff have been assembled with a very limited budget as i wanted to allocate as many funds to the transfer and wage budget of players. They all have the there own roles within the club which I have tried to fill but with the board only allowing me a certain amount a staff there wasn't much I could do.

Transfers

Since I have a literally no squad at all, I set my sights on getting at least 20 players consisting of 2 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 8 midfielders and 3 strikers. I managed to get 21 players spending ?51.2 million having edited the budgets around a bit which I feel is a decent squad size, I?m hoping to fill the squad out with a few loan players as well.

View attachment 385460
View attachment 385457

Goalkeepers
Jason Steele - Middlesbrough - ?6.25 Million
Antonio Adan - Free Transfer

Defenders
Harry Maguire - Sheffield United - ?4 Million
Aaron Cresswell - Ipswich - ?4 Million
Alexander Milosovic - AIK - ?500k
Kieran Trippier - Burnley - ?4 Million
Jesper Juelsgard - FC Midtjylland - ?1.7 Million
Fitz Hall - Free Transfer
Lee Wallace - Rangers - ?1.3 Million
Gabriel Tamas - West Brom - ?700k

Midfielders
Samba Diakite - QPR - ?1.4 Million
Simon Davies - Free Transfer
Will Hughes - Derby - ?11.5 Million
Franco Zuculini - Free Transfer
Glenn Whelan - Stoke - ?2 Million

Attacking Midfielders
Jesse Lingard - Manchester Utd - Loan
Jefferson Montero - Morelia - ?1.3 Million
Albert Reira - Galatasary - ?625k
Jonathon Biabiany - Sampdoria/Parma - ?6.2 Million

Strikers
Danny Ings - Burnley - ?5 Million
Julian Schieber - Dortmund - ?1.1 Million

Total - 21 Players - ?51.2 Million

Friendly Results

View attachment 385461

FM Base 0-8 Monterrey
Bit of battering but not too fussed considering I didn't have any players or a tactic in place.

FM Base 2-1 FC Twente
Very shocked at this win as i had only a couple of player signed up by this time. Good Win.

Brechin 0-3 FM Base
Another good win with half a squad in my opinion. looking forward to having a full squad up and fit.

Millwall 1-1 FM Base
The first real test I came up against during pre season, a makeshift starting 11 was put out while I was finalising some signings, only drew due to the last minute equaliser from Millwall.

FM Base 5-0 Braga
The first game i took charge of with a full squad of around 18 players at this time. Biabiany was a machine down the wing claiming 4 assists! and Danny Ings Bagging a Hat-Trick! shame he?s just been injured during England u21 duty :(.

So with pre-season out of the way I will be looking forward to the challenge of the premier league season!

Keep Updated!

Liking the sound of this challenge and you have signed two of my favourite FM players in Will Hughes and Danny Ings KIU

Will definitely follow this! Will be a challenge to stay up

August

So starting the premier league season with a very good first month! coming out of august unbeaten is a lot more than I could have ever have imagined, especially with the fixtures which I started with.

Tactic

View attachment 384672

The tactic that I have started off using is Steatons invincible 4-2-3-1 as a starting tactic which I attacking tactic which I have just tweaked the player and team roles too allow me to use my wide men more as i feel they are my main threat which I posses.

Fixtures

Manchester City - Home - 2-2

View attachment 384673

Goalscorers
Scheiber ? 2
----------------
Aguero ? 2

Man of the Match -Julian Schieber

A very very good results against what is the strongest team in the division, to go 1-0 up, to very quickly be 2-1 down and too come back was very satisfying. The stats were very even through the game with me just edging shots on target and possession. A couple of down sides to the game were that i have lost Biabiany and Hughes too injury for 2-3 weeks each.

NEW TRANSFER

Adam Lallana Signs for FM Base!

View attachment 384674

I feel this is a bit of a coup for FM Base, a plyer of Lallana's quality could really solidify our position in the Premier League.
"I am looking forward to working with MrCoopz at FM Base. I feel that this club can really go places and i am looking forward to the opportunity of going there with them" - Lallana

Fulham - Away - 1-2

View attachment 384675

Goalscorers
Whelan
Biabiany
?????
Sharp

Man of the Match - Glenn Whelan

Once again a great result considering the amount of chances that Fulham had in the game. Non the less some great goalkeeping and a great comeback including a stunning freekick from Whelan gives me my first 3 points of the season.

Derby County - Home - 3-0

View attachment 384676

Goalscorers
Lallana
Ings
Scheiber

Man of the Match - Julian Scheiber

Very Comfortable game for FM Base here in the Capital One Cup, Derby didn?t really get into the game at all after the goal in the 1st minute. After the result against Millwall in pre season I expected the championship club to put up more of a fight but it just didn't happen. very convincing win

Hull City - Home - 1-0

View attachment 384677

Goalscorers
Ings

Man of the Match - Antonio Adan

A very poor game to watch, very even chances but neither team could seem to even find the target never mind the net. A 81st Minute winner from Danny Ings sealed me the 3 points in what was very drab affair.

End of Month Review

View attachment 384678

As you can see we are currently sitting in 3rd place with 7 points from a possible 9 which is an absolute dream start for us. A 3rd round capital one cup tie with arsenal awaits us next month. our player of the month has to be Julian Scheiber with 2 Man of the Matches, 3 Goals and 2 Assists he has proved earlydoors to be a very good signing.

Keep Checking in and September should be up soon!​

Great start to the season...should be a good read this, I will be following...Best of luck :)

He was 6.5 Million in total, ?2 Million up front and the rest over 48 months :)

Last edited:
September

Into the second month of the season and the dream start to my premier league campaign has continued with me still remaining unbeaten in the league and cups! more than I could have ever hoped for during this challenge, I feel that I don?t think I should just be staying up but I should be pushing for the europa league and cup success.

Fixtures

Swansea City - Home - 0-0

View attachment 383245

Goalscorers
N/A

Man of the Match - Antonio Adan

Starting the month after the international break with a drab affair against a swansea side who just about edged the game, though both teams didn't really create enough chances to have won the game which was reflected in the scoreline.

Stoke - Away - 0-2

View attachment 383248

Goalscorers
Biabiany
Ings

Man of the Match - Jonathan Biabiany

The match was probably deserved in FM Bases favour even though stoke had more chances but those chances were mostly long range and not many clear cut chances. A well deserved goal and assist for Biabiany in this game and he is proving to be the signing that i was hoping he would turn out too be.

Arsenal - Away - 0-0p (FM Base win 3-1 on Penalties)

View attachment 383246

Goalscorers
Milosevic (Pen)
Whelan (Pen)
Lingard (Pen)

Man of the Match - Kieran Trippier

A Game in which Fm Bases defending and great goalkeeping which kept us in the game prevailed against a strong Arsenal side (Despite Bendtner starting up front haha) both teams hit the woodwork a couple of times each and it was a really great result to set up a 4th round tie against Arsenals bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Overall a great result

West Brom - Away - 3-4

View attachment 383249

Goalscorers
Hughes x 3
Maguire
-------------------
Sessegnon
Anelka x 2

Man of the Match - Will Hughes

One too watch for the neutrals, it was a brilliant game with almost 40 chances between the 2 teams. Will Hughes had the game of his life here but one player who deserves a mention is Biabiany who tore the west brom defence apart, its just a shame that we couldn't defend the same as we did in the Arsenal match previous to this but coming from behind twice is something the team can be really proud of.

End of the Month Review

View attachment 383244

Another Brilliant Month for FM Base here continuing our unbeaten run and remaining within the top 4 of the table as thou can see above, great results in the cup as well can only boost the morale and confidence of the player to kick on and start believing that they can achieve more than just staying up but I don?t want too get ahead of myself just yet, when I gets to christmas I will reassess our goals as a club. the player of the month this month has to be Jonathan Biabiany he has been tearing the premier league defences apart while chipping in the goals and assists up the top.​

Last edited: