Resource icon

MRCX 2-4-2-1-1 DoubleRegistaDoubleMezzala 20.4.1

I was having trouble getting my tactic that overloaded the midfield to work so I switched to using this one halfway through my first season. I'm managing Inter Milan and the results I've had since the start of the second season, after I was able to bring in players that suit the tactic over the summer, have been insane.

This was at the end of the second season, both attack and defence have been strong leading to a great points total. I also won the Champions League, Italian Supercup and Coppa Italia in this season.

20200703004247_1.jpg

This is halfway through my third season. Once again the goals are flowing in attack but the defence has somehow managed to get even better since last season. 2 conceded from 18 games is possibly the best I've ever seen one of my teams defensively and I've been playing since CM 01/02.

20200703004250_1.jpg

Here's my current squad;

20200703004238_1.jpg

As you can see the tactic has been helped out by the quality of the players I've got so I can't really say how it would work for lesser teams but as far as top teams go, this tactic is one of the best I've seen in years, it's especially strong defensively despite being a very attacking tactic.

Anyone looking for a wingerless tactic, I highly recommend this one.

I was having trouble getting my tactic that overloaded the midfield to work so I switched to using this one halfway through my first season. I'm managing Inter Milan and the results I've had since the start of the second season, after I was able to bring in players that suit the tactic over the summer, have been insane.

This was at the end of the second season, both attack and defence have been strong leading to a great points total. I also won the Champions League, Italian Supercup and Coppa Italia in this season.

(...)

This is halfway through my third season. Once again the goals are flowing in attack but the defence has somehow managed to get even better since last season. 2 conceded from 18 games is possibly the best I've ever seen one of my teams defensively and I've been playing since CM 01/02.

(...)

As you can see the tactic has been helped out by the quality of the players I've got so I can't really say how it would work for lesser teams but as far as top teams go, this tactic is one of the best I've seen in years, it's especially strong defensively despite being a very attacking tactic.

Thank you very much for and the screenshots!
I'm really proud of that tactic and you've shown what's possible. I hope the tactic and the success last many years for you!

any ois? and Training?

OIs I always put on individually before each match and varying depending on the opposition. Say they have a fullback with 8 composure, 10 dribbling and 9 vision, chances are I'm gonna press that one extra hard via OI.
But no way I'm pressing him like this if he has 17 composure and decisions along with great dribbling, vision and passing.

If you want a training that's good in general, you can go for the RDF (I believe) training schedules that have been published here. Otherwise you can tune it yourself, but personally, I'm a sucker for a training that favors mentals, first touch and technique, chance conversion is always a shout

Who is the main goalscore in this tactic? really considering giving it a go!

Who is the main goalscore in this tactic? really considering giving it a go!

By all means, please give it a go!
Would love to hear some feedback on how it did afterwards!

In regards to the main goalscorer - the tactic intends to just give opportunities while being stable defensively. Scoring matters more than getting a specific player to score - that said, the player intended to be the main goalscorer is of course your lone striker. He's the one who should score the most goals and most consistently.
Depending on your player material, others can evolve into main goalscorers as well. In a recent (rather short run) with this tactic, one of my Registas scored the second most goals after the striker, and ranked even higher than the Trequartista and the Mezzalas for goals scored!

View attachment 509863

View attachment 509864

Here's my current squad;

View attachment 509865

looks like you've been using fmrte to have that team with inter after 2 seasons