MrStordal

Reaction score
MrStordal - Football is about teamwork
(First of all this is will be my first tactic ever posted on this site so i hope you enjoy!)

For some weeks ago i decided to make my own tactic on how i think football should be played. For me football is all about teamwork and attack,so i decided to study 3 of my inspirations when it comes to football! We have Marcelo Bielsa, Johan Cruyff and Brendan Rodgers. What i like about them is that football is all about
entertainment and teamwork (yeah i'm going to say that word ALOT)! i started off by watching some old Athletic Bilbao matches, Cruyff explaining his philosophy and since i'm a Liverpool FC supporter i had some idea about what Brendan Rodgers stands for. And what do they all have i common? That all players could and should be included in a attack even the wingbacks. (gonna post a video why i use wingbacks as a example). So of to the tactic!

View attachment 446806

(Testers wanted, Please post your results)

The Fabulous 4-2-3-1 Formation

My tactic is based on teams that are including all their players in attacks with one exception of the goalkeeper and the central defenders. Well this is what the tactic looks like!

View attachment 446803

This tactic is about pressing your opponent to make mistakes, pressing them to do nothing but just shoot the ball up as high as they can on the field so you win the ball back and can start your mission to destroy the opponent with good attacking football with ALL of your players.

Player-roles and most important attributes :

Sweeper-keeper (Support) - This is your third defender literally (all i can say about him) - Reflexes, Communication and Command of Area. (after my opinions)

Ball playing defenders (Cover) - Their goal through the game is to give the opponents a beating like they never have had before. - Passing (all from 10 an upwards is great), Marking, Tackling, Heading and Pace.

Complete Wing Backs (Attack) - This is one of three of the most important roles in this tactic in the attack because of how they create chances and how they are tearing up the opposition defenses. - Passing, Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Pace and Work Rate

Defensive Midfielders (Support) - These guys are your typical box to box midfielders. Theirs role in the team is to bring support to the teammates, winning the ball back and creating chances for your team. - Passing, Work rate, Stamina and Decisions.

Advanced Playmaker (Attack) - This is your David Silva, Coutinho, Herrera, Ozil or Gotze (in his Dortmund days). This role i also one of three of the most important roles. This is the guy who is going to set up your wing backs, inside forwards and striker and keep the attack going. In other words... It's your playmaker... - Passing, Creativity, Off The Ball, Decisions, Teamwork and Technique.

Inside Forwards (Support) - These guys are mainly made for supporting your striker and wing backs and at the same time keeping the ball in the team and creating room for your wing backs - Passing, Teamwork, Decisions, Off The Ball, Dribbling.

Target Man (Attack) - The last one in the three most important roles you will find in this tactic. This is your big strong attacker, the man who will either set up the inside forwards, wing backs or just score. His main assignment is to draw as many player towards him so he can create chances for the other players and so one. (that was bad explained but i hope you understand) - Heading, Strength, First Touch, Team Work and Work Rate.

Training and etc.

Preseason training:
View attachment 446793
Regular Season training:
View attachment 446792

Result list so far:
View attachment 446555View attachment 446554View attachment 446553View attachment 446552View attachment 446551View attachment 446550View attachment 446549

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Updated to v2! More stable in defense, corners and freekicks!

View attachment 446790
View attachment 446395

Well that's all for now. I will update this thread later this week when i have more time but i just really wanted to do this so i just jumped right into it! The AIK save was when i was tweaking around on the tactic. Currently doing a save with Cardiff!

Last edited:
Try to post some results, pref with a middle or weaker team....