Much criticized Jabulani - What do you think ?

Do you think World Cup 2010 match ball should be changed ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least they're not playing with those rock-hard plastic-coated mitre balls everyone uses for training...

Germany have had it since February, hence why they were so good in the first game, I think most of the teams in their second match will be more used to it and will start to play alot better.

But that's beside the point, Adidas knew that they were going too be playing at high altitude and they could've made a more suitable ball... But hey.

At least they're not playing with those rock-hard plastic-coated mitre balls everyone uses for training...

Or the rock hard brown leather balls of the 50's and 60's.

Germany have had it since February, hence why they were so good in the first game, I think most of the teams in their second match will be more used to it and will start to play alot better.

But that's beside the point, Adidas knew that they were going too be playing at high altitude and they could've made a more suitable ball... But hey.
that ball was adapted for high altitude that why its so ... different

One of my dads friends has played with an official training ball for the WC and says it takes time to get used to, but for strikers its proberly a dream.

One of my dads friends has played with an official training ball for the WC and says it takes time to get used to, but for strikers its proberly a dream.
not really a dream for the striker because it always curve off and goes wide :S

the ball is fine...some 'keepers have made great saves, and most have been fine handling the balls...some players have scored long range beauties (especially now in the 1nd round of matches) and Alexis Sanchez against Honduras showed beautifully how to control and move the ball on the floor...I think it's more of a mental thing...if a goal keeper believes the ball is bad and hard to control, then they will find it hard to control...the ball is fine. Altitude probably has more to do with it all

What happens when all the teams aren't playing for the win, trying to draw matches instead of taking risk? They are criticized.
And what happens when they are criticized? They get an excuse
What excuse? Would they blame the brand-new 5* stadiums? No
Would they blame the weather? No one would believe it.
What do we have left? The ball.

The ball is fine, it's just different. There's been a few more long range strikes in recent matches and you can see the players are adjusting. The Serbian back 4 seem to have an issue with it though - they've been handballing high crosses like crazy but no-one else is. TBH how many goal keeping mistakes have there been- I can think of 2 maybe 3. But bear in mind not all keepers in this tournament are battle tested or world class. The nigerian keeper fumbled the the ball against the greeks but he hasn't played at all this season(but he's been brilliant otherwise), there's Robert Green but I don't think you can blame that on the ball-he just coughed it up and the Algerian keeper was just shoddy. As for free kicks I saw Ribery try to drill the ball through the wall 1/2 a dozen times that's not the ball's fault.

Last edited:
Jabulani is here to stay. It's FIFA-approved. They should get used to it

I play Semi-Pro in Spain, and our club just got 5 of these donated from a local company, proper match balls aswell, not the replicas. Good players should be able to work the ball to their advantage after using them, and I personally have never seen a problem with them yet, and there are a couple of lads play for us who can really hit the ball, from free-kicks, corners and long range, and they seem to control it well. By the next round, the teams will be used to the flight of the ball, so we should see those long range shots getting closer.

These people get paid all this money, and they moan about a ball?

It's round innit?

i have played with the ball and lets say i wasent disspointed when it got lost in a tree. i hated it with a passion but i will say these men are ment to be professinals they play with different balls every season they should adapt simple as that.

I've noticed on numerus occasions through balls/long balls that look well hit are skidding off of the surface way to fast. I don't think it's the pitches, all of the ones I have seen look in great condition so I think the ball is to blame for that.

I've played with it for a few football matches and it does take a while to get used to, but I prefer it to any others I've used.