Gishi

Reaction score
Hi!

How can I edit nation rules for more than one nation? When I've done one there's only the option to remove nation rules, not to add rules for another nation..

You can only do one set of nation rules per file, so you need to create them all individually.

When finished on the first file you need to save it, then remove nation rules and start over for the next nation. Save this as a different filename.

If I wanna make any database changes when I've made 20-something files with new nation rules, do I have to make the exact same changes on every one of those 20-something files?

Still looking for an answer to my previous question.

And:

Have anyone else had any problems with custom made database games creating bad save games? With mine, with more than 20 files with nation rules, I get an error message trying to load save games.

"Runtime Error!
Program: ...iles\steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\fm.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.".

I got the same error from a game where I just started it and saved and from a game where I started and let it run while I was on holiday for 30 seasons. The database I've made seems to work fine while I'm in the game, and while it runs (for days) while I'm on holiday, but it creates bad save files.

What do I do? :(

i've never had a problem with saving/ loading when i'm using custom databases.

and for your previous question it depends on what the changes are although if you're following kenco's advice then the files will be built on top of each other so you only need to make teh changes in installments so the first file will be smaller then the last one as the last one will contain the changes for all of the nations whereas teh first one would only contain teh changes for teh first nation.

If I wanna make any database changes when I've made 20-something files with new nation rules, do I have to make the exact same changes on every one of those 20-something files?

You only need to make the changes in one file.

Thanks again for good answers.

A few more question:
If I chose to "Add continental rules", will I have to add all continental competitions? Or do I only add those competitions that I want to make changes to? Does continental rules also include competitions for national teams, like the world cup?

afaik continental rules is for club sides and international rules is for international sides.

e.g. continental rules for championsleague and international rules for the euros.

i'm suer kenco will correct me/ confirm what i said when he's next online.

Sammyt is right, club and international rules are separate.

If you add new continental rules for Europe, it will replace all current European competitions (Champions Cup, Euro Cup and Super Cup). You would need to add these back in if you want them and some of the rules are impossible to recreate.