Mutu ordered to pay Chelsea £14m

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Adrian Mutu must pay former club Chelsea £14m after losing his final appeal in a five-year battle to avoid being sued for a breach of contract.

More...

Could have updated your old thread ;)

He doesnt deserve to win an appeal after hes done it at Fiorentina :S

14 mil is pretty steep though

Could have updated your old thread ;)

He doesnt deserve to win an appeal after hes done it at Fiorentina :S

14 mil is pretty steep though

Thats how much Chelsea had to pay him to cancel his contract, SO he has already had the money from them.

Thats how much Chelsea had to pay him to cancel his contract, SO he has already had the money from them.

Ah right, fair enough then. Cant believe he's dull enough to do it again! What a waste of space

Chelsea didn't pay him anything

On 7 May 2008, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ordered Mutu to pay €17,173,990 in compensation to his former club, Chelsea FC, for breach of contract. It included € 16,500,000 for unamortised portion of the transfer fee paid to Parma, €307,340 for unamortised portion of the sign-on fee (received by Mutu), and €366,650 for unamortised portion of the fee to the Agent, but already not to take into account for the determination of the damages the amounts already paid by the Club to the Player (being the consideration for the services rendered) or the remaining value of the Employment Contract (valued for €10,858,500)

Sauce: Wiki

he should just be banned indefinitley, hardly a big miss to world football. he's on stupid money anyway and to do it twice is pathetic. Im in the army and if i got caught once my career would be over, regardless of ability or reputation so i dont see how some over rated little t*at should be given a couple of bans and then allowed to continue playing earning millions while probably continuing to do drugs.

and if anyone thinks 14 million is a lot to pay back its only the severence pay chelski had to cough up to get rid of him when he was the one that broke the terms of his contract. shocking.

I laughed when I saw this. Even for a footballer, 14+m is a **** of a lot of money.

What goes around comes around.

i actually remember when this first aired that he had to pay chelsea money before the appeal and i remember most people were massivly against chelsea. but im glad he has made everyone see sence by failing another drugs test, just a waste of space. its a good chance he will always owe chelsea money so god knows how he will pay all this off, maybie at £5 a week?? what is it they say a leopad never changes is spots?? shame because in his early years at chelsea i liked him and he looked dangerous just a waste of talent and its knowone but his own fault.

What a waste of talent. Complete **** for wasting his career that millions would love to of had because of drugs.

Hes second offense wasn't for a bad drug like cocaine or anything it was like a medicine that had a banned substance in it or something ?

Hes second offense wasn't for a bad drug like cocaine or anything it was like a medicine that had a banned substance in it or something ?

Doesn't matter, he should be aware of what hes taking.....And where did you hear that from, Mutu himself :S

that made me laugh, even if i am romanian, i just dislike Mutu, he is so overrated, he deserves the penalty

Makes me sick that Chelsea are pursuing this fine when they canceled his contract. There must be some real Vultures in the Chelsea boardroom.

I am so glad justice is being done, he will learn from this as your body is a temple built for the glory of God and it was unnecessary for him to self-harm in this manner.

Back